Originally Posted by "Over the Hill" Bob
It's the easiest and fastest way to register besides making it easier on a TD. IMO
It makes sense that online sign up should be the only way to register, but a couple of things should be in place first:
1) When the tournament date is established, there should be a time and date listed that Registration will start on. FI- GNO registration starts on March 1 at 12pm or somtehing like that. If events are going to sell out in a couple of days, we need to be aware of when the clock starts ticking
2) One registration site vendor. There are too many cooks in the kitchen and half the time the vendors used don't seem to work very well for some folks. Although I have only had a difficulty with one vendor one time and it was quickly resolved.
3) If it is a PDGA event, then the registration list really should be made available in as close to real time as possible.
4) Standardization of Division entry fees. Right now there are so many different fees that I never know what each event will cost until the registration info is posted.
5) There should be club and PDGA discounts for tourney registration fees so non-members have an incentive to join a local club and/or the PDGA
6) Local event TD's should have a mentor they can go to who can show them how to post scores following the event.
just a few suggestions.