Well, here we are staring the start of Oregon Team Disc Golf square in the face and already I am struggling with my demons and having trouble getting the energy together to start climbing the mountain of work that is OTDG. But I will try my best to suck it up and get this thing going as smoothly as possible.
There seems to already be some confusion as to what is the exact schedule for OTDG 2011-12. (No small thanks to some peeps who like to post official looking posts to confuse the players in an attempt to get their choices of courses on the schedule) But I have to accept some of the blame from my soliciting input from one and all and lack of time recently to post more on this forum.
1. I will be using this forum to rant and rave but all official documents will be posted to our Yahoo Groups page that can be accessed by the easy to remember URL of teamdiscgolf.com thanks to the kindness of Treelove. Each week's Match Sheets with final scores along with Standings and the all important Master Sheet will be updated ASAP after each event and posted to this group. I will not be e-mailing these to anybody or posting them here on this forum. I may cut and paste some things to this forum as time and energy level allow but you won't be fully informed unless you go to the Yahoo group and get the files for yourself.
2. The logistics of the Captain's meeting seemed to be beyond my ability to pull together this year so I am going with the following schedule for OTDG this year. THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. Unforeseen circumstances seem to pop up each year (like courses pulling baskets the week before an event) and I will do my best to inform everybody on this forum and the Yahoo group as far in advance as possible. Maybe this is the year that we make no changes, but I am not holding my breath. It is each Team Captain's responsibility to make sure that each of their players know what is up for each event. This is why I give so much power to them in OTDG. They are the final say on important things like who gets replaced during the season.
3. This is a handicapped league based on the PDGA ratings system and players without ratings tend to piss me off. So if you have new (to OTDG) players on your team that are not current PDGA members then you need to have them show up and play at least 1 round during the prelims this weekend at Pier to set their ratings. We will be playing two rounds on Saturday and two rounds on Sunday and you are welcome to play as many of those rounds as you like...PLEASE. I will be available all weekend at Pier to talk with the new captains to explain how our system works so if you have questions please feel free to bring them up to me. The prelims are the most laid back part of OTDG and the goal is to have fun and play some rounds of disc golf with each other. It is the only time other than the finals where the Saturday and Sunday teams will be on the course at the same time. Do not play in groups larger than 5!
4. Divisional alignments for the Saturday and Sunday leagues will be based on an arcane numerical formula derived from the rounds played at the Prelims. I will post the head-to-head schedule as soon as possible after tallying the scores and computing the round ratings from the prelims. You will play every other team in your league once but the division matches will be more important as your win/loss record will only be compared to the other teams in your division to determine what place you play for in the finals.
5. This long post has nearly sapped my will to live so I am going to stop here and go pour myself another gin & tonic.