This year the SDGA is offering a mail-in ballot to those disc golfers that sign up for or renew their membership prior to Jan. 1, 2011.
Here are the election procedures for 2011.
2011 Election Procedure
There will be three positions up for election this year. The positions are the Treasurer, the Public Relations position and the Membership Whip. The election will take place at Stadium Pizza on Tuesday, January 18, 2011. The election meeting will start at 7:00 pm.
Individuals that have signed up or renewed their membership after December 31, 2010 will receive their ballot for the election at the election meeting on January 18, 2011.
Individuals that have signed up or renewed their membership prior to January 1, 2011 will receive their ballot in the mail. You will also receive two envelopes with your ballot for voting by mail if you choose to do so. One envelope will be blank on both sides; this is the envelope that you will seal your ballot in. The other envelope will be addressed to our Facilities Coordinator Jon Verbarg. Place the blank envelope with your ballot in it into the addressed envelope and seal it up. Be sure to sign and date the back of the addressed envelope. Your vote will not be counted if you have not signed the outer envelope. If you plan on attending the election you may bring your ballot and envelopes and vote at the meeting. You must still sign the back of the addressed envelope for your vote to be counted. Members that have received their ballots by mail will not be given another ballot at the election meeting for any reason.
If you wish to sign up for mail-in balloting please contact Kevin Sakus at (509) 216-4929 or Bob Perrewe at (509) 991-1807.
- Early renewal ballots will be mailed out on Tuesday, January 4, 2011.
- Mail in ballots must be post marked by Friday, January 14, 2011.
- The mail in ballots will be kept separate from those ballots cast at the meeting.
- In the case where three or more candidates are running and no one gets a simple majority, the two candidates with the most votes will have a run off. The write in votes will be counted and those present will re-ballot.
- If there is a tie vote, the write in ballots will be counted and those present will re-ballot until someone receives a majority.
- If a re-ballot is required the Presiding Officer shall cast his vote only after the results of the re-ballot are known and if he desires that his vote should affect the outcome.
I've attached the 2011 election procedure below for those that want to print a copy.