Another topic for the meeting: tie-breakers.
1. Do we let singles/doubles matches end in ties?
2. If not, how is the playoff run?
Jordan has proposed using a "fractional handicap" for the playoff. This is goofy unless the the handicap is zero (straight-up) or 18 strokes. For example, if the handicap is 9 strokes, that's a 0.5 stroke handicap per playoff hole. So the playoff will end on the first hole:
1. Both players score a 3: lower wins 3-3.5;
2. Higher rated wins hole by one stroke: higher wins 3.5-4;
3. Lower rated wins hole by one stroke: lower wins 3-4.5.
So this proposal gives a huge advantage to the lower rated player as the higher rated player must win the first playoff hole by a stroke to win the match
My preference is to abolish playoffs. Let singles/doubles matches end in ties. Another advantage is that we are often short on time. Also, I'm old and get tired easily. Damn, where did I put that Ensure...