Originally Posted by Nate Sexton
Lastly, more birdies in 2010, and less bogeys!!
This pretty much sums it up for me, but I'm going to elaborate on how I'm going to do it :D
As for 2009, my rating didn't really change, but I feel I'm a much better golfer now. A lot of my improvement has been during post-tourney season.
My 2009 goal was mostly to throw 400+ feet, and then work from there. I accomplished throwing 400+ feet at will, and have drastically improved my upshots and putts.
My 2010 goals:
1) Improve driving accuracy and consistency. I can't get birdies if I'm off the fairway or green.
2) Make 90% of putts inside 25', and 70% inside the circle.
3) Increase upshot accuracy and get-out-trouble-shots. Right now I occasionally pull upshots way right or let them slip out early, and I want to eliminate that.
4) Cash in three Open events, and place top 3 in any Am1 events that I play.
5) Learn to throw at least two new types of shots with consistency and accuracy. Possible candidates are BH or FH rollers, sky rollers, "elevator" shots, air bounces, "go-for-it" approaches, grenades, or extremely high angle (80+ degree) spike hyzers.
6) Get a 970+ rating.
7) Learn to throw 450'+ on a golf line.