Originally Posted by Magilla
That would be allowed only IF the Series Coordinators had submitted a request to the Comp Director before the season started.
I do not believe that they have done that, but I could be wrong.
There is also a limit on how many points above the cut off you can be to use that rule. Off hand I do not know that exact number...
I can see where there could be some confusion from this post so HERE are the true facts, as I know them...
From competition Manual 1 January 2008.........
A. Players are allowed to enter a ratings based division they
would otherwise be ineligible to participate only under the
(1) If approved before the event by the PDGA Tour
(2) Players who have become ineligible for a division due
to a ratings update may participate for two weeks
following the update, provided they are pre-registered
for the event in question, at the discretion of the TD.
(3) If competing in an applicable points series (see
Section 2.2 B for specifics)
B. Players may be allowed to enter a ratings based division
they would otherwise be ineligible to participate in as part
of a points Series provided that
(1) The Series Director has contacted the PDGA prior and
received approval from the PDGA Tour Manager.
(2) The Series allows players to stay in the division for the
(3) The player has not competed in a higher division at
any time during the Series.
(4) The player's rating does not exceed 20 points above
the rating ceiling for the division they wish to compete
Remember that the "cut-off" for Am2 is NOW 935...NOT the 915 that it was last year.