I have many many discs that I will NEVER use. I give lots of discs out but I can't keep up with how many come in. So I want to make some newbies happy with discs that I didn't buy, but people have told me to keep or never returned my call when I told them I had the discs.
So here are the criteria I use when handing out free discs.
1. First thing I look for is are they characterized by being a moocher or an abuser of other people's property. You know the kind that don't bother even looking for your disc when they drop it in a thick bush .. I mean why would they care, it's not theirs right? I don't like people like that.
2. If not a moocher and they want to go out DGing the first time I let them use some of my discs.
3. Second time they go out I give them a midrange like a Roc or something they can upshot and putt with.
4. If they enjoy the disc and decide to go out more often after a couple more times I will get them a set-up: driver like a beast or something understable, midrange like a DX roc or the like, and a putter of some sort, although I am usually short on putters because not many of them get lost in the swamp.
5. Then after they play with that for a while and learn their throw I will get them the entire package from over-stable to under-stable discs and so forth.
So, that being said .. I have lots of other people's discs that i told them I would give away to newbs. So if you know a noob who qualifies in one of those categories please let me know. We want them to enjoy DG and the players who have donated their discs to the cause want them to be outfitted so they enjoy themselves.
I have countless eagles, starfires, valks, wraiths, destroyers, monsters, teerex's, teebirds, etc .. so I can cover it all. The first discs I hand out are usually beat up DX plastic since the people don't know the difference anyhow. After that we get to some decent champ stuff. If they get real seirous we will show them star plastic and maybe Discrapt .. oops I mean Discraft.
How to get them you ask? Just message me under private message not the visitors board because I don't even know how to read that stupid thing. Or call me at 503-750-4567 (Brian)