*** Posted on behalf of Mike Phillips ***
Hey Disc Golfers,
I just wanted to share with you that the Beaver State Fling
will take it back up a notch next year and join the 2009 National Tour
. We will also see a date change back to the May time frame following the Master Cup in Santa Cruz. The reason I am writing to you though is to let you know that we are looking for local artists who would enjoy developing art for the event. We are eager to get going on our planning schedule and art is one of the first major hurdles. We appreciate the local artistic talents that have graced the event in the past and would like to continue that tradition. So if you are interested or know anyone who might be, please pass on this information and respond. We are looking for art submissions by 14th of November. I realize this is only a month away but we are hopeful that interested parties would be able to submit concept art to a review board by that date. In exchange for your art work we would provide reasonable compensation that is negotiable, and you will receive a copy of any item that your art work is printed on. All art work will be reviewed by the event planning committee for final approvals.
Things to consider:
• Art that can be a foil single color stamp and/or full color stamp
• Include the worlds PDGA National Tour and the date of the event( still not confirmed yet but in May 2009) and the name of the Park
• Potentially tweaked or modified by the review committee to meet requirements
• Art that can be printed on items other that Discs
• Final submission in a high resolution format
• Themes or designs that encompass the event and the experience of the event
If you are considering submitting work or are have work that you would like to submit please contact me at email@example.com
and give me a heads up. If you want to be a part of the event, no better way then to stamp your art work on it!