Originally Posted by 3 Fingers
ski2man dont keep it a secret .whats wrong with it
I'm just not a fan.
1.The holes are all right next to each other. If it was busy, I would have definitely hit people or been waiting to use their fairway.
2. The baskets are homemade, which I have no problem with usually. I have my own homemade basket and am very proud of it. The baskets are very well done as far as the welding and the whole thing is metal, number is cut out of metal on top of each hole. They have two main problems however: one, they have 12 chains, which is ok if all 12 chains are around the outside in one layer (my neighborhood course has these)...but on the ones at this course the layers are 8 on the outside and 4 on the inside. This makes it very easy for a disc to go through the gaps left. two, they are extremely high. The top of the cage is nearly to my chest, I'm 5' 9". It is like putting uphill on every hole. I would say the top of the cage is where one would normally aim on a regular basket, so I hit the basket a lot.
3. The holes are usually pretty wet from what I have heard, soggy...seems like a low water table or whatever. Two or three of them were very wet when I was there on a dry, sunny day. This can be annoying in fairly tall grass. Grass will get tall in summer, not sure if they will be able to mow much of it with the level of wetness or not. Annoying looking for discs in it already, easy to not see them because the grass was just high enough to make it tough.
4. It is at a church, this made me uncomfortable...probably wouldn't for lots of folks, but does for me.
5. The 9th, last, hole pisses me off. There is a nasty pond near the hole, I put my favorite disc in it, but did manage to pull it out from the middle with a giant stick. But the hole itself is covered, almost completely, by a weeping willow tree's branches, when it actually has leaves it will be impossible to get it in even from a few feet unless they trim it.
6. I will give them credit for at least having laminated tee signs on stakes at each hole to give you an idea of where to go, not to mention it's easy to see the holes. However, the tee pads are short and nonexistent.
7.Overall, I just found myself wanting to get to the last hole to leave. I will go to Lincoln Park when I'm up that way...at least until they demolish it in the coming future.
I don't mean to bash it, but I think I just did. I guess it's just not my cup o tea. That should help a bit though.