Three hours was not enough time to review the entire Charter and we will be meeting again in the future.
We talked about;
- Refining Board position definitions
- Responsibilities of Board positions
- Delete charity and national events from Mission Statement
- Adding cooperate with other community organizations
- Adding Sept. 1 as the date that new or lapsed members may sign up and get the next years membership included
- Removing the entity membership from the membership clause
- Defining Board, Open and Member meeting
- Providing time for a member review of motions made to change the charter
- Providing a quorum for current club members for voting on charter changes
We will be meeting again after the first of the year to continue the review.
The Board has not been informed of any Charter Review Committee recommendations yet.
I am not the Chairman of the CRC and would be out of line if I were to post any recommendations made by that committee.