Originally Posted by Sam
OK. I think we have identified three votes against you, Jub. Still... a lot of disc golfers out there who... probably don't know you.
Kidding. I wish you the best of luck in your quest to be the... what was it... the pDGA state coordinator?
The reason why I use a lower case "p" for the pDGA is I believe they represent us unprofessionally. After reading the Shive post(s) I feel even MORE convinced. Two great examples are the national websites focus is as a revenue stream or an information platform and the Disc Golf center in Georgia
I First started DG back in 98 after retiring form competitive soccer.
My experience of being a small business owner for more then 20 years now has taught me skills that I beleive my I opponent does not poses yet. From simple to complex marketing campaigns, (Laugh if you want but) personal relationships are also one of my strengths. As a residential Window Cleaner I am providing a very personal service to my customers. Honesty and integrity are critical to the success or failure of any endeavour that's the reason why I retain customers 15+ years. The highest form of professionalism is not just a referral but actually have them continue to use you when they move. A thick skin is also one of my strengths
As I said marketing and promotion are what we need most right now, How to bridge the gap between mainstream business and the Disc Golf community. Not just passing the hat. I would like to beleive that the current "What is DG" Tri fold sprang from the prototype I showed Theo back in the spring of 2001. I am currently working on a Revenue Stream project that will revolutionize DG
Volunteerism in WA
- Since 2000 I have given a minimum of 150 hrs to the sport. Another claim my opponent can not make.
- 1999-2001 North Park Mineral Springs project
- 2002-2005 Terrace Creek and Lakewood
- 2005-present SeaTac and Twin Rivers in Arlington
- 2010 Headed up the Silver Lake project
Volunteerism in OR.
Helped install the tees at Trojan
- 2000 Held the Jub Open in support Terrace Creek
- 2008 Provided the Basket Fund Raffle Prize for Mossy Roc
- 2008-10 Offered BYOP in support of Mossy Roc,Twin Rivers and SeaTac
- 2010 Brain stormed and executed the Instant Win Basket Toss for the INWS
Assistant Tournament Director experience
Assistant to Guy Dahmen
- Terrace Creek Opens from 2000-2003
- Jet Wash Opens 2004-2010.
- Man Friday at LCO and City Cup 2008-2011
Tournament Director experience
- 1994-2010 The Woodrow Invitational Ball Golf Tournament
- 2003-2004 St Patrick's Open at Lakewood
- 2005-present Cool Shoez Invitational at SeaTac
- 2008-10 Winter BYOP Doubles
I was the one who experimented with
- Trophy Only for Am's, Ladies and Age protected divisions
- Trophy Only for first place.
- Test Drives of Manufactures plastic
- Most in depth tee signs
- Installing distance markers on fairways
- Most in depth flyer's and the one who made publishing of fees standard.
- Offered the first legitimate FlyMart
- Offered and executed Split weekends
- Illuminated the hypocrisy of skimming the Am's for the Pros by actually declaring and then collecting equally TD compensation.
- Developed one of the few nationally launched "Marketing of the DG player" surveys
- Continued belief that the lack of Tournament evaluation is our biggest liability
I am a current member of the
- Spokane Disc Golf Association
- Garden City Flyer's
- Honorary member of both the Trojan Nation and Lucky Mud
- past member of the Tacoma now Pierce County DGPA.
Our sport is growing by leaps and bounds most in a positive direction but some are negative. Our focus should be on identifying problems and shortcomings, solving them by not repeating them.
Long live San Dimas