Originally Posted by Flash
I will be up at Stub Stewart State Park this Saturday (9:30 am) working on the front nine holes. The goal is to get a rough cut, completed for the front nine holes to show off at the June 6th State Park Trail Day.
Things to work on:
1. Cut some small bushes and undergrowth
2. Mark and clear the teepads, all natural for now
3. Branch Removal from trees
4. Remove branches and brush from fairway and place in shred piles
5. Place basket markers in the ground
6. Of course throw a few of the holes to get an idea of how they will play.
I walked the front nine last night with Steve Kruger and we fixed one of the problems on the front nine. Steve is really excited with this project and has given us some significant executive decisions. I encourage any of you out there that are interested in a 18 hole course on the west side to come out and lend a hand and some vision to the layout.
No vision will be accepted without some work to make it happen!!!
I can't commit right now but would love to be there. I'll check with my wife tonight when she gets home.
Folks, this course is not a WISH, it is a REALITY. Lets show the State Parks that we are with them and will support their venture. Show up Saturday and lets get the ball rolling.