Disc Golf 'going big': For(e) or against?
View Single Post
December 23rd, 2012, 04:10 PM
October 11th, 2008
Oregon City, Oregon
I can think of many advantages to Pay to Play Courses. I'll list some off the top of my head.
1) Ability to control group size.
2) Course Upkeep, a Pay to Play is more than likely is going to have some sort of Caretaker.
3) Removing bad influences from a course
4) Knowing where your money actually goes. (I'd be willing to be a very small % of money that the State Parks etc collect, go back into those courses. Volunteers raise money, Volunteers do the most of the work.)
5) Being able to bring in sponsors for various things that normally wouldn't happen, because the could have year round advertising, as opposed to one or two events.
6) On sight Pro Shop, Hot Food...etc etc.
7) Not having to deal with the powers that be and control the land, and all the crap that goes along with that. Aka less red tape. If they own the land they can make the decisions.
That was just a brief minute of thinking of advantages. I can think of very few disadvantages to Pay to Play.
View Public Profile
Find all posts by Bruce