Originally Posted by Cerrgurry
Just some general information that may or may not be useful.
Secondly, I want more women playing dang it. Last year we had 12 awesome ladies play (less than 10% of the field). What do I or we as a club need to do to make it more inviting/enticing for all you great lady golfers from Tri Cities, Spokane, Seattle, and Portland areas to come and play?
You run a great tournament. That's number one. So you are already ahead of the curve.
Here are a few of my suggestions for specifically attracting women:
- If you are doing shirts, provide shirts that are made for women and get 'realistic' sizes.
- Make sure you get some 150 class plastic and set it aside for the women's player's packs or for the Pro women to purchase.
- Be mindful when you are assigning holes...some of your women's groups will play slower and it's really tough to try to finish strong when other groups are heading in crossing into their fairways.
- Don't assume your pro women and am women want to be grouped together if you run into grouping challenges.
- Don't assume your pro women don't want to play in the Pro pool on the tougher courses.
- Remember most women who travel and compete take this just as seriously as the men who travel and compete.
Please note I'm not claiming to speak for any women besides myself, These are my suggestions based on my opinions and observations from my experiences in tournament play.
If they are helpful to you, great. If not, it's still really nice that you asked :-)
Looking forward to seeing you!!