Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• web visitation stats?

Hey moderators.
    Do you guys have any information about traffic and visitation to this site? I see the total number of members listed at the bottom but do you have any more info?

I would like to reference the site and the volume of traffic if possible to potential rose city open / stumptown sponsors who would get listed here.

Feel free to PM me if necessary.

Most Mods don't have access to those stats. The two site administrators, Adam and Sam, would. You may want to PM them directly in case they don't see this thread.

Comment

Let me see what the backend has for us. We have not measured metrics for the site as a whole but GoDaddy might be. The forums themselves also might have some metrics system built in but I am not sure of that, either.

Will let you know, Lundy.
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Sam, have you thought about installing Google Analytics? It does a pretty good job.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I have thought about that but am not a major Google fan. Their ads are almost always the last thing to load on nearly any page I go to that has this web app installed. Will look into Google Analytics, though.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

In my experience, the Analytics code doesn't add much overhead... it's certainly LESS stuff to load than that Facebook thing you added.
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Cool, thanks Sam et al for any info you might be able to find. Don't need anything too in depth though I bet the metrics are pretty interesting (if you're into such things) given what seems to be pretty substantial traffic around these parts.

I'm just looking for a catchy little tidbit that sums up just how much visitation the site is getting and consequently, how many people we could say might read a sponsor's name from a list that is posted here. And/or perhaps something that alludes to how readership may be growing and over some time period.

Personally I would think that this site and its traffic would be one of the bigger carrots we as a disc community could dangle in front of prospective club or tourny sponsors around here....

Comment

By the way, only Sam has access to the logs that would contain information about traffic. I only have access to the vBulletin stuff, which isn't very helpful, stats-wise.
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X