X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KenGilmore View Post
    Wow, are you serious? I don't know you, but I think you must be incredibly naive and perhaps more than a bit (over)reactionary.
    Naive? Henh, well, now, I haven''t ever been accused of being that. Reactionary, maybe, but I take my right as a citizen of this nation seriously - very seriously.

The way I see it, the government is doing enough to snuff out "other" points of views - therefore, it makes no sense at all that "we", here, should be so eager to do the same.

Don't worry. The gummint will get around to us.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RQrOHpJKvQ - it's true!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
      Normally, I would take the 45 minutes it would take to meet this challenge and kick your ass at this game we love.

Sadly, work takes precedence, so... CT section stays.
      Sam said I was a challenge.

Comment

We'll be okay when the biggest controversy we are hiding in the basement is whether to like the pink, or the blue, My Little Pony.
        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Duster, Internet forums are private property. The people with the keys to the server can restrict your "rights" as much as they want, regardless of what it says in the 1st Amendment. That's not a threat, just a reminder that politicizing the discussion won't accomplish anything.
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Whoa, the ground just opened up in Site and Forum Suggestions and I almost fell into deep cyberspace. Just managed to catch an edge and pull myself up on the other side of the crack, and now I'm here in CT: should it stay or should it go?
            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I am against wearing Rose Colored Glasses on this forum!

Originally posted by Sam View Post
              If civic leaders or reporters or even potential sponsors log in, they will see that we are a typical cross-section of society with some who are assholes and some who are saints.
              I agree, but not to leave out the many that are between the A's and S's.

Really... I would rather these people log in and see that we are REAL people with real opinions on matters that extend beyond our sport than to think that we do not look like any other cross-section of our culture.
              Gudt point hombre!
              Also, if any of these, excuse me, "power trippers" keep on reading this stuff, they would see that there are times when these issues are resolved and we sometimes end up on a positive note. (sometimes )
              If they only saw peaches and cream they prolly wouldn't believe us and then we'd be really be up shit creek without a paddle.
              I would be willing to bet that there are some good relationships that have grown as a result of this section of the forum.
              Do I really need to vote?
              He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
              - Anonymous

Comment

btw- I didn't name this thread or put it here.
                That was done by some one else.
                When moving someone's thread and renaming it, I'd suggest the moderator make an initial post saying they have done so and why.
                It sure feels like someone who isn't even a moderator sure has power to pull strings.
                (That's my opinion. But I'm already anticipating a scathing, though veiled, attack in response.)

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                  btw- I didn't name this thread or put it here.
                  No, I did. It was veering far off of "Site & Forum Suggestions." And the last couple of postings in that thread will also probably be moved soon.
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I jumped the gun. That certainly seemed like a reasonable response.
                    Thank you.

Comment

By the way, as far as I know there's no way to "insert" a new first post in a moved thread. If there was, we'd do it. As it is, the person who created the first posting (in the collection of posts that got moved) ends up as the "author" of the new thread.

I suppose we could edit the first post with a little note saying "moved from here" and include a link back to the original thread... we may have even done that once or twice.
                      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

If you don't know how to do it, then it probably can't be done.
                        That note idea could alleviate some confusion at times.
                        The way you named it may have made it appear I was stirring up a new round of trouble on my own, not entering a conversation in progress.
                        All part of my growth effort to be less mean-spirited, though no less annoying.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X