Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ignore feature

Yo Webmeisters,
    Would it be possible to set the ignore feature up so you would never see when your ignoree has posted?
    thanks
    yoseman
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

There already is one
    go to your user CP
    select edit ignore list
    enter the name of the person you would like to ignore
    select ok
    and you have just ignored your most favorite person in the world
    Throw What You Know.
    "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
    PDGA# 45989

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
      Yo Webmeisters,
      Would it be possible to set the ignore feature up so you would never see when your ignoree has posted?
      thanks
      yoseman
      Yose,

Click on "UserCP" above, select "Edit Ignore List", and add the hated offender to the list.

BTW: Its Bullseye with 2 Ls.
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

conscious of my conscience

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
        Yose,

Click on "UserCP" above, select "Edit Ignore List", and add the hated offender to the list.

BTW: Its Bullseye with 2 Ls.
        Thanks 2 L's.
        I did all that after a caveman showed me how.
        The question was and still is "when" the ingnoree has posted.
        As it is now you know when they post not what they post.
        Sometimes just seeing certain names can be a big bummer and bring me down, because IMO some people look forward to posting negative and derogatory stuff.
        I guess I'll have to get used to avoiding the temptation as to what these jerks are saying anyway eh?
        again... thanks
        yoaeman
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
          Thanks 2 L's.
          I did all that after a caveman showed me how.
          The question was and still is "when" the ingnoree has posted.
          As it is now you know when they post not what they post.
          Sometimes just seeing certain names can be a big bummer and bring me down, because IMO some people look forward to posting negative and derogatory stuff.
          I guess I'll have to get used to avoiding the temptation as to what these jerks are saying anyway eh?
          again... thanks
          yoaeman
          Wow, sorry Yose. I didn't know a little spelling tease was going to be taken that way. Obviously you are very offended and I offer a sincere apology.

Comment

it'a be alright

No worries hombre.
            I don't mind being teased so no apologies needed.
            Go hold that little one while you can.
            - Anonymous

Comment

What a great feature

I find the more I use the Ignore feature the more I like the forum.

Comment

After more thought, I'm considering blocking every one but myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                  After more thought, I'm considering blocking every one but myself.

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

I wish I could ignore a ton of folks on here, but that wouldn't serve well for anyone on the moderator team.

Comment

He's a moderator. get him!

Comment

Originally posted by KenGilmore View Post
                        I wish I could ignore a ton of folks on here, but that wouldn't serve well for anyone on the moderator team.
                        I was considering the same thing, but as the head of OTDG I will have to at least wait until it finishes...
                        Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                        Or does here stand the last remaining man
                        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                        Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                          I was considering the same thing, but as the head of OTDG I will have to at least wait until it finishes...
                          Jordan, I was just joking with that weather comment!

Comment

Hey admins-
                            I think... if I have someone one ignore and don't view it- it appears the new post feature remains active/on. It probably isn't something that can be changed.

Ignorers- I believe we have to use the drop down menu for "mark forums read" to turn the new post off and not read each other to turn the light off. If that helps. I like to gt rid of the green "on" new post light off so I know I'm up on everything.

The fancy feature I'd most like to see is an ignore that only ignores "below the fold" posts. I worry that one day one of the people I'm ignoring might say something of importance related to DG and I'll miss it. I don't think I've put a TD of a tourney on ignore, but I almost did and that would be bad.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X