Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost every outlying course has a mini mart somewhere around that has discs for sale. Milo has one in either direction from the main entrance. Hoover has that one right across the street. The tattoo parlor in St. Johns and the bike shop have both had discs for sale in the last 2 years (don't know if they still do). The Chevron on the way to Dexter has been mentioned. The visitor center at Champoeg. Also, GI Joes and REI.

I'm sure there are others that don't come to mind right away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
      I think we should alphabetize so as not to show priority to any one vendor - and point that out.
      That was my plan, except I was going to list small local vendors before Joe's, REI, etc.

Doesn't Dick's Sporting Goods at Washington Square sell discs, too? Indeed: http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/se...sc%20Golf&sr=1
      Yeah, but they suck.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
        That was my plan, except I was going to list small local vendors before Joe's, REI, etc.

Yeah, but they suck.
        Not our job to show favortisim, right? At least not on that link.

It could be formatted like a Google search results page - PAID advertisments at the top (and noted as such), with everything else down below. Google sorts by relevavance, but alphabetical is probably the way to go for us.

Comment

Try http://www.cuil.com/. They don't record your searches. Time for the domestic spies at Google to go away.

http://www.cuil.com/info/
          Last edited by Ol' Bob; December 3rd, 2008, 09:25 AM.
          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I think we should just go alphabetical across the board - regardless of size or who our friends are or aren't.

Please do not forget Huk Lab and other vendors that sell branded goods.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I usually think of HukLab and Next Adventure as overlapping, if not the same. Technically I suppose they are separate entities.

Comment

I know, I know... don't worry, I'll put Dick's on there. But I still think chains with multiple locations should go to the bottom of the list.

(Does Huk Lab have a store?)
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Olson View Post
                  I usually think of HukLab and Next Adventure as overlapping, if not the same. Technically I suppose they are separate entities.
                  As far as I know, Huk Lab is just a vendor that happens to do business with Next Adventure. You can buy Huk Lab stuff from other stores.

Comment

But I still think chains with multiple locations should go to the bottom of the list.
                    This smells like favoritism to me. What is your reasoning?

(Does Huk Lab have a store?)
                    Not in the traditional sense. They are a web store, and set up a tent at many of the larger tournaments.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                      This smells like favoritism to me. What is your reasoning?
                      Okay, it IS favoritism. But I thought that favoring locally-owned shops that make an effort to stock disc golf stuff was favoritism we could all agree on.
                      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

First let me premise this with: BUY LOCALLY FIRST! SUPPORT the people who promote disc golf in your neighborhood/city/area/basement (the last one is a pain in the ass but he does have some good deals)

Ok, here are some random links:

Clearwater Disc Golf Store
                        I seriously suggest checking these guys out for rare collectibles-some of their prices are higher than ebay but the depth of their collectibles section is impressive!!

Another collectibles site with deep selection and occasionally outrageous prices but if it's the disc you want. . .
                        Iron Lion Disc Golf

Why buy when you can trade:
                        Discaroo

Good collection of discs (rare/discontinued/etc) and the MOST EXPENSIVE DISC GOLF CART EVER!!!
                        Gotta Go Gotta Throw

And a shout out to Prime for the best minis and their select disc section is impressive-as well as their choose their own dye section-Local disc dyers-check out the prices and ask yourself why don't your form a co-op to spread the work around and put some truely sick stuff up as options. Obviously there is a demand and I demand you make some money off that demand. Plus I want an easy way to get sick dyed discs from the talented artists here in the NW. Cheers, Bro
                        Last edited by The Course Bro; December 4th, 2008, 12:04 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention the MOST EXPENSIVE DISC GOLF CART EVER!!
                        What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

Comment

Okay, the Vendors page has been updated. Let me know if I missed any important OR/WA locations.
                          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Okay, the Vendors page has been updated. Let me know if I missed any important OR/WA locations.
                            Looks nice, Adam. Can you add DiscGolfValues.com to the online section?

Comment

Done.
                              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Good call. I loves me some Discgolfvalues.com.
                                Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X