• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam
    started a topic Northwest Disc Golf News Forum Rules

Northwest Disc Golf News Forum Rules

1. No hate speech.
    2. No personal attacks. (Attacking an argument is OK. Attacking a person is not OK.)
    3. No threats of physical violence.
    4. Posts should go on applicable boards and be in applicable threads.
    5. Any Private Messages (PM's) shall remain private. Any posts on public threads that include copy and pasted text from a PM, without consent from all parties involved, shall be deleted immediately.

(The moderator team reserves the right to alter, add or delete any rules as it sees fit. The moderators also have the right to move or rename threads for the sake of better organization or clarity.)

Violation of the rules will lead to the following actions:
    1st rules violation: Warning (standard template sent from admin account)
    2nd violation within one year: One week suspension
    3rd violation within one year: One month suspension
    4th violation: Deletion of account
    Last edited by Adam Schneider; February 28th, 2011, 10:55 AM.

• mine all mine
    replied
    Originally posted by Discdogs View Post
    and spellcheck
    Why is everyone so into spelling? Dear god...get over it! Just try and read what the person is saying and take it for what you understand it to be.

Leave a comment:

• Discdogs
    replied
    Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
    I guess we need an instgater, half truth and innuendo flags too
    and spellcheck

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Originally posted by Sky Pilot View Post
    Do you consider the posts by "Disc Golf Diva" to have violated these rules?

Sky Pilot
    There has been no discussion regarding any of Disc Golf Diva's posts. To the best of my knowledge, none of her posts have been flagged. Therefor, no discussion.

Leave a comment:

• LJ Jubner
    replied
    Originally posted by Sky Pilot View Post

Sky Pilot
    I guess we need an instgater, half truth and innuendo flags too

Leave a comment:

• Sky Pilot
    replied

Sky Pilot

Leave a comment:

• Wes Hansen
    replied
    I know. That's why I suggested 3 options. Two make the moderators' lives easier, the third would probably make them run away. PLEASE don't do that!

Tell people more about that flaggy thing. That was the best suggestion/reminder I've heard in a long time.
    Last edited by Wes Hansen; August 7th, 2009, 09:33 PM. Reason: added the word "more"

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
    (From my count:
    One person posted no less than six examples of hate speech, five personal attacks and one veiled threat of violence.
    Three moderators made one or more personal attacks.
    I made four personal attacks (coming in a distant third).
    Seven others posted from one to five personal attacks.
    Two people (included in above) chided me for a personal attack, by attacking me. That's friggin FUNNY

Either make this place the free for all ODSA was or work a whole lot harder (moderators I mean) and enforce the rules AT ALL TIMES for ALL users or just get rid of the headache the is CT.
    That would be great if we had a paid staff of moderators whose sole purpose in life was to babysit the forum. For the record, we don't.

It would be a lot easier if all users (myself included) would do a better of watching themselves.

Remember, the moderators are not a team of cyber-cops patrolling the forum looking to pass out tickets. It takes the community to make this a better site. Flag any post that you find offensive and we (the moderators) will discuss it.

Leave a comment:

• Wes Hansen
    replied
    Adam,
    Thanks and...
    Please post something! It will be your 1234 post!

Leave a comment:

• Adam Schneider
    replied
    I don't think Sam has actually carried out his threat to suspend himself. He was upset because we were discussing handing out suspensions without official warnings.

Wes, I re-deleted the quoted text from your PM. Apparently the offending party had re-edited his own posts without our noticing.

And I agree that THAT thread should be deleted, but other moderators don't agree. Maybe it should go to a vote...

Leave a comment:

• Wes Hansen
    replied
    (copied and pasted from THAT other thread. Seemed to belong in both.)
    Sam,
    Sorry to hear you suspended yourself.
    As my penance for being warned about my forum behavior I reread every post - on THAT other thread.
    Sure would be curious, as well as believe it is the right approach, to see a thread on "Forum Rules Violations= Warnings and Suspensions."
    Seems hard to believe just three people received action from the moderators because of this thread....
    From my count:
    One person posted no less than six examples of hate speech, five personal attacks and one veiled threat of violence.
    Three moderators made one or more personal attacks.
    I made four personal attacks (coming in a distant third).
    Seven others posted from one to five personal attacks.
    Two people (included in above) chided me for a personal attack, by attacking me. That's friggin FUNNY

Time to kill (REMOVE) THAT thread.
    If not, please (as required) remove the complete or partial quotes from my PM that can be found from posts by sillybuzz and Brian on page two.

Time to define this sites rules. Is name calling a personal attack? Just swear words or can you insult people in creative ways? What are swear words? What's creative? (is it OK that I said "racist" like nearly a dozen others, but NOT OK that I said nincompoop?)

Either make this place the free for all ODSA was or work a whole lot harder (moderators I mean) and enforce the rules AT ALL TIMES for ALL users or just get rid of the headache the is CT. There are few places for local DG discussions. There's a million places on this net to rant.

Sorry Ol' Bob. We agree on most subjects, but unfortunately there are too many folks in this world incapable of reasoned thought to let them do what they want. (That's too vague to be a personal attack- right?)

Leave a comment:

• Ol' Bob
    replied
    Hate speech, personal attacks, and threats of physical violence, carry the same penalties as not staying between the lines. Perfect.

Your mothers all wear combat boots and smoke cheap cigars.
    Last edited by Ol' Bob; August 7th, 2009, 08:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wes Hansen
    replied
    PM sent to Scott.
    Warning expected, deserved and received.
    Will those determined to have violated rules be and their penalties be listed on this site so users know offenders have been "punished?"
    That should happen, IMNASHO.

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam View Post
    Please note that consequences have been added to the list of violations.
    Thanks, Sam. I made the addition but forgot to mention it.

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    Please note that consequences have been added to the list of violations.

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X