Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northwest Disc Golf News Forum Rules

1. No hate speech.
    2. No personal attacks. (Attacking an argument is OK. Attacking a person is not OK.)
    3. No threats of physical violence.
    4. Posts should go on applicable boards and be in applicable threads.
    5. Any Private Messages (PM's) shall remain private. Any posts on public threads that include copy and pasted text from a PM, without consent from all parties involved, shall be deleted immediately.

(The moderator team reserves the right to alter, add or delete any rules as it sees fit. The moderators also have the right to move or rename threads for the sake of better organization or clarity.)

Violation of the rules will lead to the following actions:
    1st rules violation: Warning (standard template sent from admin account)
    2nd violation within one year: One week suspension
    3rd violation within one year: One month suspension
    4th violation: Deletion of account
    Last edited by Adam Schneider; February 28th, 2011, 09:55 AM.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

A link to this thread has been added to the navigation at top. This is also listed in the agreement when one has to register.

ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Please note that a new addition has been made to the forum rules (#5).
      Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
        Please note that a new addition has been made to the forum rules (#5).
        Does that include content or quotes from said PM's and who is regulating both parties agreeing on the posting? What if one party say fine but later recants?

Just wondering as this seems like a blanket type rule!

I do agree that copy and paste of entire PM is a bad idea!
        PDGA #25296
        Stumptown #34

Comment

For sale item question?

Should non disc golf items for sale be listed in Buy/Sell/Trade or the Off Topic section.

Thanks,
          Cindy
          Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
          Stumptown #176
          PDGA #37716

Comment

Meh... Buy/Sell/Trade is fine.
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

What does Meh mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                What does Meh mean?
                "eh, whatever"

Comment

What are the consequences of forum rules violations?
                  Are they posted? The penalties, I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                    What are the consequences of forum rules violations?
                    Are they posted? The penalties, I mean.
                    They have never been set in stone because, until recently, they haven't been needed. Moderators are discussing this as we speak.

Comment

Please note that consequences have been added to the list of violations.
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                        Please note that consequences have been added to the list of violations.
                        Thanks, Sam. I made the addition but forgot to mention it.

Comment

PM sent to Scott.
                          Warning expected, deserved and received.
                          Will those determined to have violated rules be and their penalties be listed on this site so users know offenders have been "punished?"
                          That should happen, IMNASHO.

Comment

Hate speech, personal attacks, and threats of physical violence, carry the same penalties as not staying between the lines. Perfect.

Your mothers all wear combat boots and smoke cheap cigars.
                            Last edited by Ol' Bob; August 7th, 2009, 07:30 PM.
                            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

(copied and pasted from THAT other thread. Seemed to belong in both.)
                              Sam,
                              Sorry to hear you suspended yourself.
                              As my penance for being warned about my forum behavior I reread every post - on THAT other thread.
                              Sure would be curious, as well as believe it is the right approach, to see a thread on "Forum Rules Violations= Warnings and Suspensions."
                              Seems hard to believe just three people received action from the moderators because of this thread....
                              From my count:
                              One person posted no less than six examples of hate speech, five personal attacks and one veiled threat of violence.
                              Three moderators made one or more personal attacks.
                              I made four personal attacks (coming in a distant third).
                              Seven others posted from one to five personal attacks.
                              Two people (included in above) chided me for a personal attack, by attacking me. That's friggin FUNNY

Time to kill (REMOVE) THAT thread.
                              If not, please (as required) remove the complete or partial quotes from my PM that can be found from posts by sillybuzz and Brian on page two.

Time to define this sites rules. Is name calling a personal attack? Just swear words or can you insult people in creative ways? What are swear words? What's creative? (is it OK that I said "racist" like nearly a dozen others, but NOT OK that I said nincompoop?)

Either make this place the free for all ODSA was or work a whole lot harder (moderators I mean) and enforce the rules AT ALL TIMES for ALL users or just get rid of the headache the is CT. There are few places for local DG discussions. There's a million places on this net to rant.

Sorry Ol' Bob. We agree on most subjects, but unfortunately there are too many folks in this world incapable of reasoned thought to let them do what they want. (That's too vague to be a personal attack- right?)

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X