X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Sam has actually carried out his threat to suspend himself. He was upset because we were discussing handing out suspensions without official warnings.

Wes, I re-deleted the quoted text from your PM. Apparently the offending party had re-edited his own posts without our noticing.

And I agree that THAT thread should be deleted, but other moderators don't agree. Maybe it should go to a vote...
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Adam,
      Thanks and...
      Please post something! It will be your 1234 post!

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
        (From my count:
        One person posted no less than six examples of hate speech, five personal attacks and one veiled threat of violence.
        Three moderators made one or more personal attacks.
        I made four personal attacks (coming in a distant third).
        Seven others posted from one to five personal attacks.
        Two people (included in above) chided me for a personal attack, by attacking me. That's friggin FUNNY

Either make this place the free for all ODSA was or work a whole lot harder (moderators I mean) and enforce the rules AT ALL TIMES for ALL users or just get rid of the headache the is CT.
        That would be great if we had a paid staff of moderators whose sole purpose in life was to babysit the forum. For the record, we don't.

It would be a lot easier if all users (myself included) would do a better of watching themselves.

Remember, the moderators are not a team of cyber-cops patrolling the forum looking to pass out tickets. It takes the community to make this a better site. Flag any post that you find offensive and we (the moderators) will discuss it.

Comment

I know. That's why I suggested 3 options. Two make the moderators' lives easier, the third would probably make them run away. PLEASE don't do that!

Tell people more about that flaggy thing. That was the best suggestion/reminder I've heard in a long time.
          Last edited by Wes Hansen; August 7th, 2009, 08:33 PM. Reason: added the word "more"

Comment

Do you consider the posts by "Disc Golf Diva" to have violated these rules?

Sky Pilot
            Rely on Me

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Pilot View Post

Sky Pilot
              I guess we need an instgater, half truth and innuendo flags too
              rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Pilot View Post

Sky Pilot
                There has been no discussion regarding any of Disc Golf Diva's posts. To the best of my knowledge, none of her posts have been flagged. Therefor, no discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                  I guess we need an instgater, half truth and innuendo flags too
                  and spellcheck
                  sigpichttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Disc-G...k/115726924682

Comment

Originally posted by Discdogs View Post
                    and spellcheck
                    Why is everyone so into spelling? Dear god...get over it! Just try and read what the person is saying and take it for what you understand it to be.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X