Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just donated $20, I'm not sure how much you were looking for, I hope this is acceptable.
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Thank you.
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
        Thank you.
        Sam, what is the total amount you need?

Bob

Comment

donated, thanks Sam
          Throw What You Know.
          "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
          PDGA# 45989

Comment

Not looking for any specific number, Bob. The license for the boards' software is $85. The hosting is $6/month. The registration for the site's domain name is like $9. $166 is the annual bill, I guess.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Not looking for any specific number, Bob. The license for the boards' software is $85. The hosting is $6/month. The registration for the site's domain name is like $9. $166 is the annual bill, I guess.
              Yeah it's not cheap but if everyone just contributes a small amount we could double or triple that number. Thanks for donating, Bob!
              Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I'll donate the Monster tax.
                The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Can try this link:

Donate Now
                  It's real easy to do. Hit the link. Support NWDG.

Comment

Sam,
                    I think I've gotten a LOT of use out of this site.
                    I don't have much, but the day I have $11 in my pocket (try me after a good round at LL) it's yours to help support the site. That's almost 2c a post from me. Hit up the top 25 posters for the same and this site will run for years! (Though I think you may have the first 3-4 years covered with your own posts!)
                    (Sure I could have pledged an even $10, but this site turns it up to 11 so I thought I would too!)
                    Last edited by Wes Hansen; February 4th, 2011, 10:57 AM. Reason: I forgot a darn "s." Nosey reason for editing box.

Comment

Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

Here is an idea have repeat offenders pay a fine to get back in. insttead of banning them establish a financial penalty for each level of offenses.

I tink if someone is to be permanetaly banned they deserve a trial of their peers
                        rewindb.com

Comment

Sam,

What about my idea in post 23, it is a good way to give attention to those who contribute to the site.
                          PDGA #25296
                          Stumptown #34

Comment

I read #23. A user subscription?

What about 1c a post for forum users/posters? You have to be a TD of an event or you have to pay $5 to have your forum account activated? ALL could read for free, but 1c to post for all but TDs. ALL other site features free. PLUS the ability to be a level contributor as shown in #23.

(I like this idea, so my pledge of $11 means I have about 300 posts......

Comment

I don't like the 'pay to play' idea for disc golf forums...
                              seems like it would limit the community/forum feel and the helpful content
                              When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                                Here is an idea have repeat offenders pay a fine to get back in. insttead of banning them establish a financial penalty for each level of offenses.

I tink if someone is to be permanetaly banned they deserve a trial of their peers

You might as well send a substantial deposit ...

Sure there's some good ideas being put forth on how to raise the funds, but maybe there should be an ad campaign that would get some of the younger whipper-snappers to lend a hand-- perhaps a disc golf fundraising rap tune:

I'm not your favorite driver, so don't you try to throw me
                                but I got a lil sumpin' that will go straight to your domey.

You really like to chirp in, but it's time for you to chip in
                                Like your grip I'll catch you slippin', out your pockets make you pitch in.

I'll jack you up like DX plastic, cause your talk is cheap-
                                so break yourself motha-fucka, or I'll roll you in your sleep.

Think you're safe up by the basket
                                but you're parked up in your casket-
                                I can see you're scared to putt, there's no way for you to mask it.
                                Last edited by Toby Puttzinski; September 6th, 2011, 02:55 PM.
                                Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X