X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've never had any problems with this. Sam I like the Facebook thing down there.
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• I think it's a nice asset for FB users.

Comment

• I'm a Facebook user (although not a hard-core one), but I don't like the extra stuff it forces my browser to load, and I think it's way too big.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

• I guess FB was having some server issue. It was just keeping any page from fully loading. I've seen Google crap do that on lots of sites. Now there's someone with its fingers in every pie.
          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

• Is it true that we cannot attached spreadsheet files to a forum post? What is the limitation / Is there any way to change this? Just curious.

Comment

• That does seem weird, consider you can attach a .doc or .txt file. Are you just looking to display the tables, or provide a file people can download and use themselves? If just displaying, you could print the spreadsheet as a .pdf and attach that. If providing a file, maybe you could rename it as a .doc and tell people to change it to .xls?
              Last edited by Tim; April 19th, 2011, 02:50 PM.
              Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim View Post
                That does seem weird, consider you can attach a .doc or .txt file. Are you just looking to display the tables, or provide a file people can download and use themselves? If just displaying, you could print the spreadsheet as a .pdf and attach that. If providing a file, maybe you could rename it as a .doc and tell people to change it to .xml?
                hoping to provide a file that people can download and use themselves. with built in formulas and such. perhaps renaming as .doc might work but not sure how the formulas and so forth would translate...in the meantime i just provided a link to a google document though i believe I had no choice but to make it viewable and editable to the world (opening it up to changes) then tell people to download it and save their own copy. In this case it was such a simple spread that I could fix or recreate any unintended changes pretty easily...

Comment

• I don't know a ton about the forum software, but I'm guessing it's by design. There's lots of opportunity to hide some really nasty stuff inside macros. From a security standpoint, it's a lot safter just to ban that type of file.

But again, that's just a guess.

Comment

• I've added .xls and .xlsx to the list of attachable file types.
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

• Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                      I've added .xls and .xlsx to the list of attachable file types.
                      Excellent, thanks.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X