X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam View Post
    Please use this thread to suggest new features or enhancements.
    Any way to add chat to this site?

Comment

Yes.... easily. Would people be interested in that?
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

How is that different from private messages?
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
          How is that different from private messages?
          Real time

Comment

Chat is typically one-liners (no privacy {except for when you prive someone}). A good place for the arcade gamers to talk smack. Chat rooms are sort of dummed down BBSs on the fly. Better than cell phones because they are less likely to give you brain cancer. It would be the shits to get brain cancer from bragging about your game scores or trading fantasy players.
            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Both this forum and ODSA show who is currently on line. I've always thought it would be cool to give a quick shout out to a buddy when you see them online. PM seems a little slower, and you have to assume that the other person has his options set to notify when a new PM arrives.

Comment

I could easily do this. I could also add a shout box for anyone who is familiar with those...
                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                  I could easily do this. I could also add a shout box for anyone who is familiar with those...
                  No. What is that?

Comment

It's like a mini discussion board but very basic - you can only put a sentence or two - and then it scrolls off into the nether.

http://www.freeshoutbox.net/
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Are the post times an hour off?

Comment

Not if you just posted.

Check your profile options and make sure that the time zone is set properly.
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Testing the time stamp... should say 11:45 PM.

Yup, it does.
                          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I'm in Pacific time (still an hour off).

--------

test: Just turned off DST corrections.

--------

Time is now correct. It was wrong on both DST Corrections On and on Automatic Detect.
                            Last edited by Ol' Bob; November 13th, 2008, 08:37 AM.

Comment

I know this was suggested before, but I couldn't find the thread and I don't recall if there was resolution.

Can you make it so quotes go back many generations? Currenlty when you quote somebody in a reply, their quote is shown. But if they were quoting someone else, that quote is not shown. Context can easily be lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                                I know this was suggested before, but I couldn't find the thread and I don't recall if there was resolution.

Can you make it so quotes go back many generations? Currenlty when you quote somebody in a reply, their quote is shown. But if they were quoting someone else, that quote is not shown. Context can easily be lost.
                                Sadly, it can't be done without an extra plug-in type thing. Happily, one does exist.

Sam, do you suppose you could install it? http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=170202
                                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X