X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site and Forum Suggestions

Please use this thread to suggest new features or enhancements.

I'll go first.

How about if we have a feature where each forum member can have their own page where they can list courses that they have played and their best scores for each including different pin positions. Each user would maintain their own page and would have the option of making it viewable to the public or keeping it private for their own use.

Thoughts on this?

Other suggestions?
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Just a couple of thoughts.

Instead of a page for each golfer, what about a page for each course? Photos could be taken by those who play there regularly, a steward of the course could update the page with events, news, etc. about their specific course and whatnot. Or possibly a sticky at the top of the topic for each course? I don't know...

This seems to be coming along fairly well, sir. Nicely done.
    TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Originally posted by zippyboy
      Or possibly a sticky at the top of the topic for each course?
      Hmm, there's an idea.

http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...splay.php?f=27

(We're workin' on it....)
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Northwest Disc Golf News Forums > Disc Golf Topics > Disc Golf
        The posts pages need the thread tree links at the bottom, preferably just above the quick reply form. I hope that's possible and easy. Having to scroll up every time you've read the last post seems like stupid page construction.
        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I can do that. I think that it should go between the Quick Reply and the Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread, though. Look for it there, soon.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I'm sure that's something that could be easily done in the templates.
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Very. Another reason vBulletin is the better board format...
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam
                Very. Another reason vBulletin is the better board format...
                Pffft. You could do that with phpbb too.
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I'd love to see a repository for course maps. Possibly an FTP folder?

Comment

Yeah, yeah... we COULD add it to phpBB... but who would want to when it is so easy to do here?
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Scott, ultimately, each course board here will have it's own map stored here. For now, at least, we will be linking to Adam's maps. An FTP folder for user images and video is in the works.
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Scott
                        I'd love to see a repository for course maps. Possibly an FTP folder?
                        I think it's better to have course maps be links to external files rather than a file archive... because they can change.
                        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

New feature added:
                          When a new post hits one of the subforums, you will note that the link to it (Adventist, for example) will turn bold yellow. This is to indicate new activity in this forum since your last visit.
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam
                            Scott, ultimately, each course board here will have it's own map stored here. For now, at least, we will be linking to Adam's maps. An FTP folder for user images and video is in the works.
                            I'm just thinking along the lines of this site become the one stop shopping place for all things in the NW disc golf scene. It would be nice if new visitors had an easy way to get to maps, course info, and schedule (which is already there) without diving into the forums.

Comment

They won't. From the home page (and every page on the site) there will be the courses link. That page will have a link to every forum stickied post for that course. Also, we will have a link to each region (North Oregon, South Oregon, etc) to link to the list of courses in that region. It will be very easy to navigate, I assure you.
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X