X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Traffic Down?

Does the forum seem like it is dying? I log regularly but only see new posts in the buy/sell area and tournament info. Anyone else notice the traffic is down?
    Disc golf ruined my life.

Dying? Hope not.
    Less traffic? I think so. Some people really don't like change.
    It is what people make it, I guess. Future upgrades will hopefully make people more comfortable but who knows?
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

It's probably a couple of things. Problems with the new forum and the general slowdown at this time of year are likely candidates.
      (If the Whose Online worked we'd know better.)

Of course, it may be Republicans trying to shut it down to force people to use FBook.

Comment

Any traffic that was coming from my computer stopped abruptly the day the software was upgraded. Seriously, it's that bad. I may be an extreme example, but I don't think there's any doubt that the new version of vBulletin has not been beneficial to the overall health and well-being of this Web site.

If it was up to me, I'd find a way to convert the whole damn thing to phpBB (which is free).
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

There are a couple of problems with that, though. The only thing that would be transferred would be posts. All private messages (and other stuff...) would be lost. And it's not free. The link you sent me today starts at a base fee of $50. And I am afraid the size of our database would put us at a much higher cost than that.

As for actual data, the traffic in the past 3 months to this forum has actually increased according to Alexa.com. Page views has increased. Time on Site has increased. The overall popularity of the site has increased. Bounce rate has decreased. Search traffic is down.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
            Any traffic that was coming from my computer stopped abruptly the day the software was upgraded. Seriously, it's that bad. I may be an extreme example, but I don't think there's any doubt that the new version of vBulletin has not been beneficial to the overall health and well-being of this Web site.
            I'm with you (as evidenced by the fact that I'm just now seeing your post from 10/23), and I don't think we're alone.

Comment

Other than Mark Forums Read NOT working the site seems pretty functional now.
              Until 11:04AM today, when an old glitch reappeared.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                Other than Mark Forums Read NOT working the site seems pretty functional now.
                Until 11:04AM today, when an old glitch reappeared.
                And the opportunity to view posts that are new since last visit.
                And the slowness.

Other than that, it's perfect.

Comment

i almost never come here now, sorry
                  its not that it "changed" , it is just very awkward and weird, i dont like it now

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X