X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Slowness - Please Test for Me

I have heard complaints about site slowness - and I have seen some of it myself - but things seem to have picked up to the point where it is not very different from what I experienced on the old system or on vBulletin's boards.

I time the following load times:

Home Page: ~3 seconds total load time.
    1 Level Down (time to get from main page to Disc Golf board under Disc Golf Topics): ~3.5 seconds
    A Thread on the Above Board: ~4 seconds
    Back to Main Page: ~3 seconds
    To Members List: ~2 seconds

Please try this and report back what results you are getting and where you see slowness. I have noticed a big improvement in the past week alone.

Thanks!
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Home Page: ~5 seconds total load time.
    1 Level Down (time to get from main page to Disc Golf board under Disc Golf Topics): ~2 seconds
    A Thread on the Above Board: ~17 seconds
    Back to Main Page: ~3 seconds
    To Members List: ~5 seconds

Comment

Thank you, Scott. I reported that back to vBulletin.

Server Load Averages at the time of your test were:
      24.40 24.26 26.03 | 96 Users Online (15 members and 81 guests)

I am told that those are LOW so we are getting better server performance than expected on a shared server.

By the by... which thread did you click on (if you remember)?
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• Scott
        Scott commented
        Editing a comment
        The one that took so long? It was the ace thread.
        But the weird thing is, it seems random. Sometimes clicking a thread will take that long; other times, clicking the same thread is near-instant.

• Sam
        Sam commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah... I believe one of the techs at vBulletin has isolated a recursive loop caused by an unanswered query. Still waiting on confirmation.

Thanks for helping out, Scott. Much appreciated.

it has been super slow, came here to let you know, and found your test, soon as went to check/time it, it speed way up-weird

Comment

Glad we could fix that for you.
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X