X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I waited 1 min. while site said working then had to refresh page to get the above post to view?
    "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

• Sam
      Sam commented
      Editing a comment
      The whole "Working" thing is a good touch, really... but doesn't seem to work as it should all of the time. Hoping it gets better with future releases.

• NWDiscer
      NWDiscer commented
      Editing a comment
      So it appears to have gone thru this time.Thanks

The "Mark Channels Read" seems flakey. I used it, and everything appears read, but the next time I return to the site there are many older messages that are posing as unread (bolded).

Comment

Can you restore the old disc golf basket favicon for this site? It looks a lot better than the generic vBulletin one
      and makes it easy to find on my bookmarks bar. Thanks!

Comment

• Sam
        Sam commented
        Editing a comment
        This is done. You probably have to clear your cache to see the change.

I shall, I shall.

Jordan Lewis has reported some issues with Subscriptions not giving him Notifications about new posts and whatnot. Anyone else having that issue?
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• jdinteg
        jdinteg commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, same problem for me. I can only see new posts by login in and fishing through the thread. I do not get notified via email anymore.

- I went to my personal settings and told it to send me everything.
        - Unsubscribed and resubscribed to threads.
        - Then the whole sub-comments on an existing comment is tough for me. No longer able to just go to the bottom of the page and find most recent, gotta go from the top down each time and scan for sub-comments on original thread.
        - This might be my lack of understanding on settings, but I sure tried hard to fix on my own 1st.

The whole new posts thing seems really broken. I click the down arrow next to the title to take me to the first unread post and it will usually take me to the first of the thread. Usually, but not always.

I've tried using the "mark channels read" feature a couple of times, but that seems off as well. On next visit, several threads are bolded, as if they are unread, even though there is nothing new in them.

Comment

• Sam
        Sam commented
        Editing a comment
        The New Posts thing does seem pretty hit or miss. I just clicked the blue down-arrow from the Northwest Disc Golf News Website board and it took me to the first unread post in the thread to me. That said... I have noticed that it doesn't always work as it should.

The Mark Channels Read thing is also a known issue that is supposed to be fixed in 5.0.5. Tonight I will be closing the boards late to install a security patch but the next upgrade is still an unknown.

I am sorry for the continued frustration on these issues. Hopefully it doesn't make the forums experience unbearable.

Here's a new one; my back button refreshes the page instead of sending me back. I'll try it on another machine tonight since this one can be a bit flakey, but its not having issues with any other sites this AM.
      Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

That's a curious one. Please check another machine. I can't reproduce this. What browser and operating system are you using?
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

IE and windows 7.something. My other rig worked fine last night, and this one is behaving nicely today. Carry on...
          Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

From inside a thread clicking the "Forum" button I get a "Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message." error.

I am using Chrome and it seems to happen intermittently.
            "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.Ē

Comment

One I am in the forum, the main navigation bar is cut off on the left such that i only see to the M in forum. See pic. Cant scroll left anymore, but can scroll right all the way. Safari, iOS 7 (just uploaded, maybe the problem)

Comment

Comments versus Replies - No likey. If someone comments on my post or my reply, why can I not reply or comment on their comment? What's the point of the comments? It continues the conversation but you can't reply to it? It's fucking irritating. Or am I just missing something? Man, I really wish I liked this version.

Comment

• Sam
                  Sam commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So... you actually CAN reply to my reply. Just hit "Comment" again on your post and when you hit enter, we will have created a mini-thread within this thread.

Yeah... I am not terribly fond of it and believe we can stop this through the back-end. Not sure but I will check it out.

• Matt B.
                  Matt B. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ok, I get it - comments are on the original post. But it would be great to turn it off - because why have conversations in two places? It's too complicated and it reads the same anyway. There's almost nothing about the new stuff in this version that makes the forum easier or better for the user.

• Sam
                  Sam commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I kind of agree. I was hoping it would be easier to use once we had used it for a while but I am seeing not...

And I bought the stupid smartphone app - also chock full of bugs, not intuitive and a pain in the ass.

Comment

• Sam
                  Sam commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I actually like the Droid app. I am not sure what problems you are having but it makes browsing the boards away from home very easy for me.

What issues are you having?

• Matt B.
                  Matt B. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I am using the I-phone app. The way the forum is displayed makes it hard to find stuff fast. When I open Oregon events it tells me there are no threads I have permission to see, but if I select stickied events I can see those, but only those. The previous version of the forum was extremely easy to use on Iphone using Safari.

• Sam
                  Sam commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hmm... that could be a permissions thing for the ForumRunner app. I will look at that.

You might try a free Tapatalk app. The one I just got (Convo - for Droid) seems to be even easier to use than ForumRunner is for me.

Originally posted by Lund View Post
                One I am in the forum, the main navigation bar is cut off on the left such that i only see to the M in forum. See pic. Cant scroll left anymore, but can scroll right all the way. Safari, iOS 7 (just uploaded, maybe the problem)
                There is a phone app that works better, in my opinion.
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I appreciate everything Sam does to provide this forum. This site is the most useful thing for Oregon disc golfers on the interweb, period. People who don't visit it, TDs who don't use it, are all missing out, period. But this new version is just really frustrating, probably for Sam more than anyone. I just want the old forum back. Or something like it. It was easy to read, easy to post, and it did everything we needed. When I go to DGCR now I am reminded of how great the old forum was.

The forum still loads very slowly for me, but it's gotten a little better. I get "long running script" errors still, and it still occasionally temporarily freezes my machine. I do use a work machine on which I am required to run Explorer, and I know Explorer sucks. The "last post" function still doesn't work for me. I don't like having the first post in a thread stuck to the top. Maybe it's because I use the forum a lot, but I want to open the site and see what is new, easily. The threads almost never correctly display new posts since my last visit.

I don't want us to lose any data or posts, but anything that can be done to just simplify the forum, make it easier to read and post would be great. I don't know what the visitation data says but I worry that the forum will start to lose its utility as an info source as people find it less user friendly. I know I'm already visiting it much less.

Comment

• Wes Hansen
                    Wes Hansen commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I hope Matt doesn't mind.......... I AGREE COMPLETELY.

I turned commenting off. Now there is only Quoting.

No I didn't... but working on it.
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X