X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug List - Add Your Issues Here

I am aware of all sorts of issues but I want to have a central repository where I could list them all so that we can know when they have all been fixed.

Current Issues:

Private Messages - the Message Center is not showing up for me at all. I can see that I have messages, and I can sometimes see when someone has responded to threads that I have posted in but for the most part, this whole area is hosed. Status: FIXED. This appears to be fixed as of 8/28 1:20pm. Please advise if this is not fixed for you. 8/28 this morning - we are back to having no functionality on the left side of the Messages page. As of 8/27 at 9:30pm, this is now behaving MOSTLY as expected. I did get an Internal Error on the left side but refreshed it and it behaved as normal. Please let me know if anyone is still having issues here.

Sticky Threads - Some forums do not allow sticky threads and even disappear them... while some (like this one) allow them without problem. Status: This appears to be fixed in all forums. Still happening in the Washington Events subforum.

Upgrade Status Thread - Page 2 is what led me to suspect that something was seriously wrong. Click on the thread and then click on page 2. It will not load. Ever. Status: This appears to be fixed as I have read that second page now. Still happening.

General Site Slowness - The site is a little faster (when it loads) than it has been in the previous couple of days but it is still painfully slow. For what it is worth, the vBulletin board is also slow... but not as slow as this one is. This could be due to several reasons but is likely tied to the optimization of our MySQL tables as well as some code clean-up. Status: I believe that we should see some improvement in this now as I have optimized our tables. Please let me know if the site is still slow for you. This is still an ongoing issue but seems to be faster in the last 30 minutes (since 9pm on 8/27).

Statistics - The statistics at the bottom are totally whacked. I have seen the "Most Users Ever Online" reset to 0 several times. I have seen it at 0 when there were people on the boards. Status: This appears to be fixed.

Layout - I used to be able to configure the layout much more than I am currently able to now. For example, the list of subforums showing up in two columns rather than being set by me is an issue that I would like to see resolved. Status: This will apparently be fixed in vb 5.0.5 which should be released soon.

New:
    Navigation Bar Un-editable - This is a software issue that is reported to vBulletin. Status: This is still happening.

I am positive there are more. Many more. Let me know what is going on for you - no matter how obvious it might seem to you.

Sam's List
    Permissions for "Statistics" and "Who's Online." Status: Still looking into this.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

I keep getting a long running script error notice.
    Unable to enter any of the sub-forums, and when the sub-forum does load, there is no topics..
    Hukin since 1992
    DGOD #115

Comment

• Mikk
      Mikk commented
      Editing a comment
      ok chrome installed, having same issues. when I click on some sub forums, I get no topic postings. It seems that I only get into the "disc golf" postings, and this post...... wierd schtufff

• Sam
      Sam commented
      Editing a comment
      Please check again now that the filedata table has been repaired.

• Mikk
      Mikk commented
      Editing a comment
      ok, all seems to be a working capitan!! well sofar it seems to be ;-)

if you go to sections -> blogs a bunch of seemingly random responses to posts appear where I was hoping to find some sweet new blogs.

Comment

• Sam
      Sam commented
      Editing a comment
      Where do you see "sections"? If I am on the main page and I click on BLOGS (next to FORUMS at the top), I see three blogs - one by Mikk, one by Tyvek, one by me. I think Mikk's is pretty sweet. I just complained. I hope Tyvek's is rad but have been too busy to read it.

• Sam
      Sam commented
      Editing a comment
      I see Sections now. Funny... you are either on a smaller resolution screen or on the mobile site. When the screen is smaller, the only thing you see is the "Recent Blog Posts" module. If you expand the width of your screen (or maybe scroll down?), you should be able to see the blogs.

loosely related to your statistics section in original post of this thread: it always shows 0 users online which is especially weird since it seems like you have to be logged in for most of the site to work?

Comment

• Sam
      Sam commented
      Editing a comment
      Weird. I see 108 people logged in right now. I am guessing that this is a Permissions issue - something that I will have to set up right in the back-end. Will add that to my own list above.

what are groups (under sections) supposed to be? clicking on that link only yields a message saying there are no groups. also when i just tried to edit this post it erased the original and i had to start over (spell checker is nice bonus though).

Comment

• Sam
      Sam commented
      Editing a comment
      This is weird. I think I need to configure this area better. If you click on GROUPS and then on the little link "> groups" it should take you to a list of the social groups on this site that are hardly ever used.

Can I go back to Holy Shit Dude? I really am starting to think that it is not the software as much as it is a shitty webhost?
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Stickied Oregon Events are still missing too

Comment

• Sam
        Sam commented
        Editing a comment
        This is starting to drive me batty. I can "stick" threads here. I "stuck" a thread in Oregon Team Golf. Both worked fine. I went to "stick" the Eugene Celebration thread in Oregon Events and it disappeared.

Not to worry... I unstuck it and it came right back. WEIRD!

Yep. This is the same bug as the Washington Events bug. Fix one and they are both fixed.
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Sticky Threads workaround for now - If you are the thread creator or a Moderator or Admin... search for them... you should find them, I believe. Or you might be subscribed to them. Check there as well.

UNSTICK the thread and post in it so that it goes to the top of the board. Yes... this will mean that we will have bump wars... but it is what it is for now.
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

WOOHOO!!! I think we are back in business. Please check the stuff that has been bugging you and let me know if you are still having issues.

Thanks!
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Found a few bugs. No real good explanation. Check out the screenshot. Attachment
            "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.Ē

Comment

You a funny guy...
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

All the ish you've been getting, thought you could use a chuckle.
                "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.Ē

Comment

Hey,
                  Every one I was ignoring has showed back up!
                  When I logged in it was like I answered the door for a blind date and found my ex there.
                  How do I dismiss them again? And they me!

Comment

• Sam
                    Sam commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Dunno. Please note that we wish you to continue to disengage from specific people that you have had negative interactions in the past with.. naturally.

Can not send Mr. H a pm......thanks
                  "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

• Sam
                    Sam commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Cool... do you get an error? Do you not have the ability to send any PMs? Please describe this some more.

• NWDiscer
                    NWDiscer commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The message was my ib was full and I couldnt send anymore till I cleared it......"you have reached your stored pm quota of 100 with a combination 226. You can not anymore till space is created.

• Sam
                    Sam commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I upped the quota to 400. Please let me know if you are still not working properly.
                Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X