X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So here we are...

This site will be what we make of it. My hope is that it is a straight-forward, just the facts ma'am type of website with information about all things Disc Golf in the Pacific Northwest. I'd like to see participation from people in each region to keep content current. This would include upcoming events, new courses, work parties, vendor information and much more.

So... here we go. Please excuse the sawdust as I am still working out the kinks of the software - getting a theme going with matching buttons and smileys, etc. Patience. It's a work in progress and will only get better and better.

Arcade coming soon!
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Sam,
    I hope this becomes the standard place to find clear factual information about the NW DG scene. And leave the ODSA type garbage to ODSA. Just the facts here. Maybe a dedicated spot to do some DG ONLY trash talking.
    I think if Treelove's DG calendar is the template, along with the PDGA calendar- then that should be about what the reader should find here. Not profanity, threats or personal attacks allowed.
    You, along with the great site Stumptown Disc Golf club has, the two sites could demonstrate the positive aspects of DG as a great family activity.
    Thank you and well done.

Comment

I think the page needs to display a little wider... so I can read the full title of new posts.

Comment

How about now? Better?
        Of course, I set it to 80% of the total width so it might not look any different...
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Same it seems. I lose the word "found" in my post header.
          If I email you a pic of my son will you size it right for an avatar- or tell me how to do it within my PC and program limitations. I have all the free Office standard crap on this laptop.

Comment

Email it to me.
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

How about now? Wide enough?

Wait.. I know what you're talking about. Hang on....
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Oh, it's the width of the column that has the topic headers. Widen that part.

Comment

Right. Working on that. Touch harder... but do-able.
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Take a break and let Jamie post something about chick golf.
                    The ladies will have a place to start talking when they arrive.
                    And tell her it was fun playing with her at Lunchtime a few weeks ago.
                    She's a good golfer and easy to play with.

Comment

She's on the other side of the building. Honestly, I think she is a little busy with Tetris...
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

My very first post in this shiny new forum!

Thanks for the new boards, Sam. I will never get anything done at work ever again.

I enjoyed playing the round with you, Wes. I try to be on my best behavior when playing at Lunchtime.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen
                          Same it seems. I lose the word "found" in my post header.
                          So... this has to do with the number of characters it is allowing in a title preview on the front page. I need to find out where to edit that. Still looking...
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam
                            So... this has to do with the number of characters it is allowing in a title preview on the front page. I need to find out where to edit that. Still looking...
                            Not a big deal at all. I'd worry about other things first. Just put it on a tune up list. I'm going to look around other sections of the site now.

And maybe go golfing in the next hour!

Comment

My first suggestion: move the Non-Disc Golf section below the Disc Golf section(s?) on the front page. Make it clear that stuff should be secondary...

Also: is there a way to make avatars & other info go to the left or right instead of above each post? Seems like a lot of wasted vertical space.
                              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X