X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade Status

We are currently in process of upgrading the boards from 3.7.x to 5.0.4.

I got as far as 4.2.1 tonight but will try to finish it up in the morning.

Man... I hope you guys can find this...
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

FOUND!

Comment

Forum look & feel

Originally posted by Sam
      I have not touched the styles in the new templates as the change to the next level is even more striking, visually. When I have upgraded to the latest version of vBulletin, I will begin making the boards look more like the rest of the site.
      When the upgrade is complete will users have the ability to choose different skins for the forum (like we used to)?

Comment

Did you used to???

I never intended for that to be the case as I wanted to have 1 look and feel to the site. I guess we will see what the 5 version does and offers.
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

FYI - I have made no changes to banned people in the past few days. If you were able to log in and contribute a few days ago, you should still have that ability now.
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
            Did you used to???

I never intended for that to be the case as I wanted to have 1 look and feel to the site. I guess we will see what the 5 version does and offers.
            Good point! Not sure that I was able to change that in the past.
            All I know is that it looks different now. I'll wait until you're done upgrading to post about this again...

Comment

I thought I was lost for a second.

When I first came to this forum I wasn't a fan of all the green. Now I realize I have grown accustomed to it and miss it. Its the little things. Upgrade looks good.

Comment

I knew that the look and feel would change. This was an expected result as the extensive changes I did to the 3.x version was vast. I will have to learn a lot about how the 5.x system is built because it is fairly different.

The greens will come back because... well... this is golf... and this is the Pacific Northwest. Maybe more subtle greens this time.

Thanks for bearing with me, guys.
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

i am very much looking forward to seeing the end result on the change. i like the "group" and "blog" options, but for the time being they dont merit losing what we had. i will hold my final opinion until everything is done, but for now im not into how things are looking at all for the forums.
                  Team HOSER:dancing:
                  Team OLY:cheerleader:
                  Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

• Sam
                    Sam commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Again, the look and feel will be changing to match the rest of the site. I am not sure what we lost. The arcade is gone but will eventually be replaced when the powers that do such things make one for vb5. Please be patient. We can add or remove pretty much anything to the site.

• TYVEK
                    TYVEK commented
                    Editing a comment
                    hi sam, first i do want to thank you for the effort and work you have put in on this website over all the years!! my comment came from mostly shock at the stark difference between the old format and the new one. i know its not done yet, and i am looking forward to seeing the finished product. thanks again for your time into the forums for us all to use.

Thanks for the work Sam.

Comment

Hey Sam, Im having trouble sending private messages. I got an error saying my inbox was full and needed to free up space, I deleted all of my sent messages, received messages and trash bin, Im still getting the error. Thanks
                    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Hmmmm, worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
                        Hey Sam, Im having trouble sending private messages. I got an error saying my inbox was full and needed to free up space, I deleted all of my sent messages, received messages and trash bin, Im still getting the error. Thanks
                        I just sent you a test message, Chris. Log out and log back in and let's see if that cleared things up for you.
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I don't know about anyone else, but the site is now really slow to load, and has frozen my I Phone and laptop multiple times.

Comment

• Scott
                            Scott commented
                            Editing a comment
                            It does seem a little slower. Haven't tried it on the phone yet.

• Sam
                            Sam commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Has it improved at all? I originally had the template comments on to let me know where I need to edit things. That is pretty taxing on the performance. I am also looking into other ways to improve the speed of the site.

• Sam
                            Sam commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Looking into this. Thought I had improved this prior to you posting this.

I'm no longer seeing the "new posts" and "mark forums read" options. Are those items lost for good?

Comment

• Sam
                            Sam commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Nothing will ever be "lost for good". It will just be a matter of replacing what is missing with the hacks that are surely coming from the hoards of developers who love creating said things.

New Posts is KIND OF replaced by the "Recent Topics" item on the sidebar. If you click on "View All", you should see a synopsis of all you missed since you last logged in. Let me know if this isn't quite the same quality as you experienced before and we will see about fixing it.

Mark Forums Read is something already on my radar.

Thanks.
                        Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X