X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub topic listing for course closures

In Disc Golf Courses could there be a sub-forum added for course closures. Maybe remove the ability for replies so it is just informational.

Setup a standard title heading something to the effect of date first, course, then closure level (ie full course, select holes).

Just a thought. If I had any programming skills I would offer to help set this up but I am just an idea man.
    "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Has any thought been given to this subject by the moderators? I for one am in favor of it because of the times where all the courses are is use for a tournament or closed for an event or when only a single course is closed. I now list this under the Horning's thread, but something prominent would I think be beneficial to folks doing a quick search.

Comment

I was thinking about this, but in most cases I thought it would be redundant. If someone looks on the calendar, if there is an event at a course, then it is probably closed.

Your situation presents a somewhat unique situation because you do close your courses for other events.

I am not opposed to creating the thread, but I'm skeptical about how current the info will be.

Other Mods? Opinions?
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

I don't see why these notices can't just be posted in the courses' individual sub-forums.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Placing all closures in one thread means all the closures in one place instead of going through each course sub-topic and/or using the external link to the Treelove calendar.
          "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Philips View Post
            Placing all closures in one thread means all the closures in one place instead of going through each course sub-topic and/or using the external link to the Treelove calendar.
            Nice idea but I highly doubt that the sub-forum will always be used. Course closures aren't even always announced in the respective course-specific thread. The thread could also give someone a false sense of security: "There's no closure annoucement in this thread, therefore the course is open."

My vote: No change needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Philips View Post
              Yeah, but who is going to post it? Sure.... having the thread there helps, but not if people don't update it. With the sole exception of Horning's Hideout, which has Bob diligently getting the word out, I don't see half the people running events bothering to update it.

I still think looking at the calendar will accomplish the exact same thing.
              "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

I agree that if it isn't getting updated then it serves no purpose. My hope is that tournament directors would want to communicate the closure effectively and while it seems obvious to people who play it might not be obvious to non-tournament players. None the less I am not losing sleep if there is no change just a suggestion.

Comment

Makes sense to just keep it in the sub-forum. If I want to check out what's going on with a course, that's the place I'd do it.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X