wanted: a gal to work with my wife a little Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • wanted: a gal to work with my wife a little

    just curious if there is someone that would be willing to work with my wife, on improving her (beginner) game

    since I am a beginner myself, its hard for me to help her too much

    plus, I have a hard time communicating with her, in a way that helps her on the course, and I believe another female will be better able to talk to her about--

    creating a consistent throwing form / routine
    understanding disc selection
    etc.

    we live in Shelton , but we could travel a little ways

    or if you will be in town for the showdown II, maybe you could take a little time, out of what i am sure will be a busy schedule, to poke at her a little

    willing to pay a couple of bucks, or maybe buy you some new gear you maybe wanted, but couldn't bring yourself to buy

    thanks, matt

  • #2
    Hey Matt. I'm sure my old lady can show your gal some things at the showdown.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by matt View Post
      just curious if there is someone that would be willing to work with my wife, on improving her (beginner) game

      since I am a beginner myself, its hard for me to help her too much

      plus, I have a hard time communicating with her, in a way that helps her on the course, and I believe another female will be better able to talk to her about--

      creating a consistent throwing form / routine
      understanding disc selection
      etc.

      we live in Shelton , but we could travel a little ways

      or if you will be in town for the showdown II, maybe you could take a little time, out of what i am sure will be a busy schedule, to poke at her a little

      willing to pay a couple of bucks, or maybe buy you some new gear you maybe wanted, but couldn't bring yourself to buy

      thanks, matt
      Also consier bringing her to the Chick Flick August 4th & 5th. On Saturday we have clinics in the morning. We have lots of ladies attend the Chick Flick that are new to the sport. Check out the 2012 Chick Flick tread here in the women's section for more info about the Chick Flick.

      http://nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8381

      Cindy
      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
      Stumptown #176
      PDGA #37716

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by maco capo View Post
        Hey Matt. I'm sure my old lady can show your gal some things at the showdown.
        it can be anytime thats convenient for her
        it doesnt need to be at the showdown (that was more for out-of-town'ers)




        Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
        Also consier bringing her to the Chick Flick August 4th & 5th. On Saturday we have clinics in the morning. We have lots of ladies attend the Chick Flick that are new to the sport. Check out the 2012 Chick Flick tread here in the women's section for more info about the Chick Flick.

        http://nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8381

        Cindy
        I have been cruising some of the ladies threads, as homework for my wife

        but I guess I havent looked very close at this thread, because I missed the clinics part

        I will have to look into this some more, thank you

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by matt View Post
          it can be anytime thats convenient for her
          it doesnt need to be at the showdown (that was more for out-of-town'ers)





          I have been cruising some of the ladies threads, as homework for my wife

          but I guess I havent looked very close at this thread, because I missed the clinics part

          I will have to look into this some more, thank you
          the clinics are a part of the chick flick... saturday we run clinics in the morning and then play a round in the afternoon where the divisions are all mixed up... so you're wife would have an opportunity to play with some more skilled golfers and pick up some tips from that as well. sunday we'll play tournament rounds.

          and, yes, it may be easier for someone NOT in a relationship to help instruct her... when you get frustrated it's much easier to take it out on someone you love in nonconstructive ways. also, there are simply some very different technique and equipment things for men and women.

          i would love to say i would be happy to help out when i'm up at the showdown... but realistically there won't be enough down time... but, yes, mrs. auseth will certainly be able to teach her some things...

          matt, you're on the right track. i dig it.
          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by emmarose View Post

            and, yes, it may be easier for someone NOT in a relationship to help instruct her... when you get frustrated it's much easier to take it out on someone you love in nonconstructive ways. also, there are simply some very different technique and equipment things for men and women.


            I can second this. Me and Erin work a lot together and practice a lot of different things, but there is only so much I can help her with just because our body's work differently.
            Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
              Also consier bringing her to the Chick Flick August 4th & 5th. On Saturday we have clinics in the morning. We have lots of ladies attend the Chick Flick that are new to the sport. Check out the 2012 Chick Flick tread here in the women's section for more info about the Chick Flick.

              http://nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8381

              Cindy
              done and done

              I think this will be a good weekend for her

              we are signed up, and now I hope my work doesnt get in the way

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by maco capo View Post
                Hey Matt. I'm sure my old lady can show your gal some things at the showdown.
                allison works 9-5 mon.-fri.
                other than that, name the time and place
                I think I gave you my #

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by matt View Post
                  allison works 9-5 mon.-fri.
                  other than that, name the time and place
                  I think I gave you my #
                  I'll talk to the wife and get back to you

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by matt View Post
                    allison works 9-5 mon.-fri.
                    other than that, name the time and place
                    I think I gave you my #
                    I forgot she has bellydancing on thurs. nights after work
                    any other time is good

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by matt View Post
                      I forgot she has bellydancing on thurs. nights after work
                      any other time is good
                      Ok. Here's the deal. My wife gives yours disc golf lessons, your wife gives mine bellydancing lessons. Makes perfect sense to me!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        still looking for someone to work with my wife some

                        I had the pleasure of playing across the scorecard from mrs auseth on wed night, at doubles

                        however, mrs. auseth does not throw RHBH, as my wife does

                        but she will be able to help alot, with my wifes big fear of RHFH throws

                        and of course, she will need both types of throws, to be successful at this great game

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          anyone?

                          Comment

                          Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X