Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women at Rose City Open

Why are there none?
    All that I ever hear is that I don't play enough Oregon events. The girls in Oregon are always coming up to me and asking me why I never play and tell me how much they want to play tournaments with me. So this year I have not been touring nationally as much and decided to play the Rose City Open. This is the second biggest tournament that Oregon has in the Portland area. I see at least five women at every tournament in Oregon, even the unsanctioned ones. So then why am I playing by myself at the RCO? i will play, because it is my home town tourney, but a little competition would be appreciated. Playing with better players will increase your skill level. ... ... I don't mind playing with the men's divisions, i don't like playing by myself.

Step it up ladies.....
    i just don't understand......

-Melody King

I was wondering the same thing. I know Emma couldn't play due to an annual family get-together, but I don't know about the rest of the women.

I know most Oregon TDs are making a real effort to accommodate women.
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by XandorF View Post
      Why are there none?
      All that I ever hear is that I don't play enough Oregon events. The girls in Oregon are always coming up to me and asking me why I never play and tell me how much they want to play tournaments with me. So this year I have not been touring nationally as much and decided to play the Rose City Open. This is the second biggest tournament that Oregon has in the Portland area. I see at least five women at every tournament in Oregon, even the unsanctioned ones. So then why am I playing by myself at the RCO? i will play, because it is my home town tourney, but a little competition would be appreciated. Playing with better players will increase your skill level. ... ... I don't mind playing with the men's divisions, i don't like playing by myself.

Step it up ladies.....
      i just don't understand......

-Melody King
      sorry, melo. not gonna change my plans just 'cause you love playing with me so much ... this isn't because girls don't want to play with you (you had shared with me once you heard that girls dropped out of tournaments 'cause they were intimidated by you)... this is because i believe there are simply conflicting life events for most of us...

it is a crying shame that i am missing the RCO and i can't speak for the other ladies, but it simply is what it is that you can't play in every single tournament... i do have a bit of a life outside of disc golf (okay... that's a silly thing to say as i will be golfing that weekend... it will just be nonsanctioned)

as far as stepping it up goes... hold the phone, amiga, and shut the front door 'cause i will be playing pretty much every other tournament the state has to offer and you're the one who didn't want to pay a qualifying fee for the Oregon Disc Golf Championships 'cause that was "too far away to committ to"... so there.

emma rose hanley

p.s. i really am sorry that i won't be able to play with you at the RCO.
      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

p.p.s. also, i would argue that there are in fact plenty of women... 8 advanced women, right? just 'cause they don't play open doesn't mean they don't count...

Comment

I would usually play Advance (that wouldn't help you out) in this tournament but I chose to go down to Tahoe to play 7 rad courses with my best good friend. A sacrafice that is totally worth it and will make me a better disc golfer!! (:

That being said, I am from Seattle and I travel to about 8-9 Oregon tournaments during the season because there are TONS of women playing. There are a fraction of the number of women playing up here in Seattle and only 1-2 open Women that rarely make it to the same tournaments on the same weekends.

@EmmaRose... You're right!! It looks like there ARE a bunch of Women signed up for RCO. You Oregon gals are lucky to have all those women playing (:
          Patience... if you are friendly and welcoming the Advance ladies will eventually gain confidence, skills and start playing up (; Pressuring us will only scare us away

Comment

Two reasons why I'm not playing the RCO:
            1. Time: end of a crazy school year that has allowed my to play exactly two times in the last two months. Not tournament ready. 168 hours in a week is not enough!

2. Timing: Memorial Day is tough. Many families have reunions and get togethers this weekend. I love my crazy extended family and won't miss it for a tournament.

Lastly, I think a lot of women are over committed and extend themselves. I love hulking plastic and have met some amazing people but there are a lot of things to balance and disc golf gets the axe. Summer, on the other hand? Can't wait for a few weeks off!

Comment

hulk smash

coleman,

i also enjoy hulking plastic.

love,
              emma

Comment

Damn you auto correct!

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                coleman,

i also enjoy hulking plastic.

love,
                emma
                Smart ass.

I really set myself up for that one!

Coleman SMASH!

Hope to HUCK with you soon, rufflebutt.
                Last edited by Carie CPink; May 22nd, 2012, 02:01 PM. Reason: I have the grammar police all up in my house!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X