Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blizzard Plastic... the girly edition

i'm sold.

300 foot anheyzers with a 133g katana? 300 foot anheyzers until this weekend were just ephemeral dreams...

my first drive with a 133g destroyer was just over 300 feet...

i haven't taken my vulcans and archons out of the bag yet... but give me a month with these new blizzard discs and i wouldn't be surprised if i did...

believe the hype.
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

they are great. Erin has been using her 150 Katana and she is crushing drives further than i've ever seen her throw. probably not quite 300 feet yet, but I would not be surprised if that was happening very soon.
    Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
      300 foot anheyzers with a 133g katana?
      That was a sexy, sexy shot on Sunday!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Susie Sunshine View Post
        That was a sexy, sexy shot on Sunday!!!
        What she said. Super sexy!! :yay

Cindy
        Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
        2013 Chick Flick co-TD
        Stumptown #176
        PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by mowens404 View Post
          they are great. Erin has been using her 150 Katana and she is crushing drives further than i've ever seen her throw. probably not quite 300 feet yet, but I would not be surprised if that was happening very soon.
          ooooooo... a 150 katana... very intriguing... i just may have to look into one of those... maybe not quite so crazy fliptacular as the 133...

blizzard plastic is fun!

Comment

Lovin' the Blizzards.. they can't make them fast enough! They fly off the shelves as well as they fly across the fairway.
            “They deem me mad because I will not sell my days for gold; and I deem them mad because they think my days have a price. ”
            ― Khalil Gibran

If people were more like Rocs, the world would be a more stable place to live.

Comment

Any of you ladies throw your Blizzard plastic sidearm at all? My wife plays a bit but really is a predominant forehand thrower and a reluctant backhand thrower. I am curious how they fly when thrown sidearm. I may have her throw some of mine and see if she likes them or not. I'm optimistic about the discs for myself but am still on the fence.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottW View Post
                Any of you ladies throw your Blizzard plastic sidearm at all? My wife plays a bit but really is a predominant forehand thrower and a reluctant backhand thrower. I am curious how they fly when thrown sidearm. I may have her throw some of mine and see if she likes them or not. I'm optimistic about the discs for myself but am still on the fence.
                my friend melody throws forehand and had the same results as i did... consistently 20-30 feet more distance than she had been getting... pretty sure this was either with a 130 katana or 130 boss...

Comment

Just from my perspective with the 146 Boss I've been playing around with, they hold up just fine when throwing sidearm. Like any light disc however, they make the flaws in your form more noticeable. That aside, I think more women need to experiment with them!

Comment

i throw nothing but sidearm (due to 6 rotatoer cuff surgreies) and i find that the blizzard plastic does not need that much effort to throw it out there WITHOUT causing pain of the arm ..and yes it does bring out the flaws in your form .. i have had to slow mine down to fly forward ..

Comment

flaws in the form, eh? might this explain my tendency to griplock (ugh i really don't like that term... especially when it applies to me!) my 130 destroyer?

and i love the slow arm speed thing... i can pump my 133 katana on an anhyzer 300 feet (i've put it 320 a few times even) with a smooth, slow delivery...

Comment

and i love the slow arm speed thing... i can pump my 133 katana on an anhyzer 300 feet (i've put it 320 a few times even) with a smooth, slow delivery...
                        I have a 130-something Katana too, and yeah, slow and smooth is the key. It's nice to have some discs that will get out there 250-300 feet without having to do a full windup. Very nice for semi-awkward stances. (A 150g Leopard or Latitude 64 Diamond Light is good for that situation too.)
                        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Chick Flick Blizzard Discs Oh My!!

FYI the Chick Flick now has available for sale as fundraisers:

Blizzard - katanas, wraith, boss, destroyers all $15 each

We also have:

Champion glow sidewinders $15
                          Champion classic rocs $20
                          Champion metal flake tee birds $20

Cindy
                          Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                          Stumptown #176
                          PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                            I have a 130-something Katana too, and yeah, slow and smooth is the key. It's nice to have some discs that will get out there 250-300 feet without having to do a full windup. Very nice for semi-awkward stances. (A 150g Leopard or Latitude 64 Diamond Light is good for that situation too.)
                            i find the katana has a lot more glide than the opto diamond light... if i'm not looking for as much distance and want it to hold the left to right line i throw my opto (also if need to be more accurate off the tee)... if i need big D and a little hyzer fade at the end then it's the katana...

Comment

i find the katana has a lot more glide than the opto diamond light... if i'm not looking for as much distance and want it to hold the left to right line i throw my opto (also if need to be more accurate off the tee)... if i need big D and a little hyzer fade at the end then it's the katana...
                              Yes, exactly. The Katana has the potential to go farther, but on a soft throw it will still fade left at the end, like you'd expect a high-speed driver to do. The Diamond will stay to the right even with relatively low velocity.
                              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X