Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the "Blizzard" plastic....It's a matter of WHERE the bubbles are that affect the stability. If you compare equal weighted discs, the one with more bubbles in the flight plate will be more over stable. This disc will have more of the weight on the outer rim of the disc.

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
    ah ha!!! early on in this blizzard love fest i ran across someone with an x-out that looked exactly like my blizzards... we all laughed and joked that innova sure was clever to market their messups as these fancy new life changing high tech bubble infused magical amazing drivers...

... i'm okay with the inconsistencies... hopefully they can fine tune the process 'cause i'm pretty stoked with the extra distance they've given me. they have not, however, replaced my other plastic... simply supplemented...

tyvek... haven't thrown a ton of discraft... but in my small experience i have run across similar inconsistencies... for instance, i always preferred the light blue or pink eclipses to the orange or red because the darker colors were too domey... but, let's not get too far into that ancient squabble that will never end. i believer discraft can coexist peacefully with innova... they have in my bag for about 15 years now...

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
      With the "Blizzard" plastic....It's a matter of WHERE the bubbles are that affect the stability. If you compare equal weighted discs, the one with more bubbles in the flight plate will be more over stable. This disc will have more of the weight on the outer rim of the disc.

i heard this from several sources when i first got me some blizzard... so for you folk with the overstable 133 blizzard katanas: where are your bubbles?

my understable katana they are all in the rim.
      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

i heard this from several sources when i first got me some blizzard... so for you folk with the overstable 133 blizzard katanas: where are your bubbles?

my understable katana they are all in the rim.
        The rim, but they are in the rim of my under stable kanatas too.
        Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
        2013 Chick Flick co-TD
        Stumptown #176
        PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
          The rim, but they are in the rim of my under stable kanatas too.
          very interesting. seems that the technology simply isn't quite there yet. hopefully they'll be able to dial it in, but i'll say again, i am just not surprised that bubble infused plastic is proving to be a touch squirrelly. doesn't mean i'm not gonna still throw it, just means i have to know that i cannot totally rely always and forever on it... until they figger their shit out over at innova and good luck for sure with that.

Comment

Lots of discussion regarding Blizzard plastic with direct answers from the guy who makes it. http://www.pdga.com/discussion/showt...29785&page=426

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
              Lots of discussion regarding Blizzard plastic with direct answers from the guy who makes it. http://www.pdga.com/discussion/showt...29785&page=426
              'preciate the link, but i'm a one forum kind of gal... i'll just depend on you to keep us updated here in the girly edition thread.

Comment

are you old? 'cause my dad's old and we throw basically the same stuff these days...

i love crusties!!!
                Yep I guess I am old. LOL I am 54 years young and in better shape now that I am disc golfing.
                sigpic Gives a whole new meaning to the words Pulling you're Pork.

Comment

uder stable over stable. The disc are light. My heavy blizzard is 137 and throws great. Are you all trying to over power it. If you are throwing it at full speed as you would your 171gram disc you are throwing it to hard. Try using 70 to 80% power and see what happens. I have a 136 BOSS and a 137 WRAITH both are fantastic and have found a place in my bag.
                  Last edited by ScottyJ; June 8th, 2012, 11:09 AM. Reason: Mistake on weight
                  sigpic Gives a whole new meaning to the words Pulling you're Pork.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottyJ View Post
                    uder stable over stable. The disc are light. My heavy blizzard is 137 and throws great. Are you all trying to over power it. If you are throwing it at full speed as you would your 171gram disc you are throwing it to hard. Try using 70 to 80% power and see what happens. I have a 136 BOSS and a 137 WRAITH both are fantastic and have found a place in my bag.
                    the only one of these discs that has proven understable for me is the 133 katana... but i just don't flip plastic very easily... even vulcans and archons at the lighter weights hyzer out for me. it's what initially got me excited for the technology... flippy plastic, even for emma!!!

Comment

have any of you ladies thrown a blizzard krait
                      i have one, i bought to play with and give to my wife
                      it often seems to slip out of my hand early, compared to my other lighter CH plastic

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X