• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
    FYI the Chick Flick now has available for sale as fundraisers:

Blizzard - katanas, wraith, boss, destroyers all $15 each

Cindy
    Are you going to be selling these at the RCO?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
      Are you going to be selling these at the RCO?
      Yes Celeste and I are both playing, and I will be sure to bring some of our fundraisers. Look us up.

Cindy
      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
      Stumptown #176
      PDGA #37716

Comment

I like the wraith better than the katana, as my short fingers get a better grip on the thinner rim, and it seems like the wraith is easier to get that smooth form y'all talk about. Now I just need to get my own, they are sold out up here in the northwest in most places!
        “They deem me mad because I will not sell my days for gold; and I deem them mad because they think my days have a price. ”
        ― Khalil Gibran

If people were more like Rocs, the world would be a more stable place to live.

Comment

Originally posted by p-nit View Post
          I like the wraith better than the katana, as my short fingers get a better grip on the thinner rim, and it seems like the wraith is easier to get that smooth form y'all talk about. Now I just need to get my own, they are sold out up here in the northwest in most places!
          cindy (aka LegoRules) would be happy to ship you some of the Chick Flick fundraisers if you might be interested in that, p-nit darling...

i am loving the wraith, also... i think a need a 130something, tho, to fully enjoy it's awesomeness... watched Sheila Teves really rock one this past weekend at the Global...

i hear ya on the little finger thing... i battle not only small hands (yes, like a carnie) but a stupid broken and useless middle finger that doesn't bend as well and i will say that while it took quite a while (but really only a couple of months) to master the wider rimmed discs, it was well worth the effort. i am in love with the baby boss (150 r-pro) and will always have a couple in my bag because of how consistent and steady they are for me, despite getting a good bit more distance from newer, hotter discs, like the vulcan and archon and blizzard katana and stuff...
          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
            cindy (aka LegoRules) would be happy to ship you some of the Chick Flick fundraisers if you might be interested in that, p-nit darling...

i am loving the wraith, also... i think a need a 130something, tho, to fully enjoy it's awesomeness... watched Sheila Teves really rock one this past weekend at the Global...

i hear ya on the little finger thing... i battle not only small hands (yes, like a carnie) but a stupid broken and useless middle finger that doesn't bend as well and i will say that while it took quite a while (but really only a couple of months) to master the wider rimmed discs, it was well worth the effort. i am in love wit h the baby boss (150 r-pro) and will always have a couple in my bag because of how consistent and steady they are for me, despite getting a good bit more distance from newer, hotter discs, like the vulcan and archon and blizzard katana and stuff...
            We are actually trying to coordinate with one of our Chick Flickers from up north there to get them a few discs to sell up there. We really would to avoid shipping the discs n either Celeste or I have the time to make trips to the post office. Pm me if you are interested.

Cindy
            2013 Chick Flick co-TD
            Stumptown #176
            PDGA #37716

Comment

The modified Bonopane grip seems to work well for players with shorter fingers to grip the wider rimmed discs. You might be able to see this photo in my Facebook timeline: http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=1&theater

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Kennedy View Post
                The modified Bonopane grip seems to work well for players with shorter fingers to grip the wider rimmed discs. You might be able to see this photo in my Facebook timeline: http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=1&theater
                you have got to be kidding me, chuck! that looks unnecessarily tricky.

Comment

oops.

sorry to speak on your behalf, cindy...

what i meant was, cindy (aka LegoRules) probably has some cunning scheme up her sleeve to get some of our beautiful Chick Flick fundraiser discs up north if you are interested, ms. p-nit.

Comment

In the past year I've been doing a fair amount of teaching women and scouts how to play and the Bonopane grip works particularly well to quickly give beginners some distance. If you grip your disc with the conventional power grip and then switch to the Bonpane grip, you can see how the nose of the disc naturally drops down. It allows beginners and even veterans like me to throw the disc with the nose down or at least flat with power, especially anhyzers and BH rollers.

Comment

I have read this before and been told the same thing. Although I've never actually seen someone that does it regularly. I've seen a lot of people to it for minis though.
                      Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Kennedy View Post
                        In the past year I've been doing a fair amount of teaching women and scouts how to play and the Bonopane grip works particularly well to quickly give beginners some distance. If you grip your disc with the conventional power grip and then switch to the Bonpane grip, you can see how the nose of the disc naturally drops down. It allows beginners and even veterans like me to throw the disc with the nose down or at least flat with power, especially anhyzers and BH rollers.
                        ... it would be interesting to give it a shot... but i am such a headcase that if i think too much about how i hold my disc, then i forget how i hold my disc and go thru a week or so of not being able to play well because i don't know how to grip my plastic anymore... i apologize, chuck, if i sounded derisive... it does look a little nutty, tho...

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                          sorry to speak on your behalf, cindy...

what i meant was, cindy (aka LegoRules) probably has some cunning scheme up her sleeve to get some of our beautiful Chick Flick fundraiser discs up north if you are interested, ms. p-nit.

That would be great, due to work here, I don't get to make it down to Oregon more than once every 5 years. Would love to see a Chick Flick Seattle-style sometime in the near future too
                          “They deem me mad because I will not sell my days for gold; and I deem them mad because they think my days have a price. ”
                          ― Khalil Gibran

If people were more like Rocs, the world would be a more stable place to live.

Comment

Originally posted by p-nit View Post
                            That would be great, due to work here, I don't get to make it down to Oregon more than once every 5 years. Would love to see a Chick Flick Seattle-style sometime in the near future too
                            I also don't want to speak on Cindys behalf......

But....

I'm pretty sure I'll have a nice stack of Chick Flick CFRs to sell up here in Seattle within the next couple of weeks!!

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by Tanya Spence View Post
                              I also don't want to speak on Cindys behalf......

But....

I'm pretty sure I'll have a nice stack of Chick Flick CFRs to sell up here in Seattle within the next couple of weeks!!

Tanya
                              She speaks the truth.
                              2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                              Stumptown #176
                              PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
                                She speaks the truth.
                                Told ya!!

Dana, get in touch with Cindy and let her know exactly which disc you want and I'll make sure I bring it to you!!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X