Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh heck yeah- forcast of 80 degrees on Saturday!!! Yipee! lots o' ice for the cooler and lots of sunscreen. Emma- remember to reapply!!! I'll be checking on you!

Comment

Originally posted by Sally W View Post
      Oh heck yeah- forcast of 80 degrees on Saturday!!! Yipee! lots o' ice for the cooler and lots of sunscreen. Emma- remember to reapply!!! I'll be checking on you!
      all the cool kids reapply... and wear baseball caps.
      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
        all the cool kids reapply... and wear baseball caps.
        and rock out to Baby Got Back. while wearing a baseball hat and reapplying sunscreen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sally W View Post
          and rock out to Baby Got Back. while wearing a baseball hat and reapplying sunscreen.
          ... and shuffling... i was recently taught by a 2 1/2 year old how to shuffle... it's just a touch easier than the Roger Rabbit or the Running Man (two dances i was never able to master back in the day)... every day i'm shuffling, shuffling...

... you know what i just remembered, sally? this is actually a disc golf tournament on saturday...

"'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post

... you know what i just remembered, sally? this is actually a disc golf tournament on saturday...

oh yeah... details. Most fun wins, right?! right?! please?!

What can I say? I'm overflowing with excitment to play with a bunch of freaking rad women.

Comment

Some info about tomorrow. Please pass this along to any other players you may know because we do not have any contact info for anyone who is registered therefore we have no way to send this info out.

Check in 8:00am - 8:30am
              Players Meeting - 8:30am to 8:45am
              First rounds starts at 9:00am
              Lunch 12:00pm - 1:00pm
              Second rounds starts at 1:00pm

No lunch will be provided, so bring your lunches. Also you will need to pay the $3 Horning’s Hideout day use fee unless you are a season pass holder.

Also if you are camping we have the group site that is near tee pad #16 of the Highland course reserved. The cost is $5 person per night. The camping fee includes the day use fee up until noon of the next day.
              Last edited by LegoRules; May 11th, 2012, 05:54 AM.
              Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
              2013 Chick Flick co-TD
              Stumptown #176
              PDGA #37716

Comment

Scores Are Coming In!

Some of the evnets including ours have uploaded their scores. Check it out!

http://www.pdga.com/women/global-event/results
                2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                Stumptown #176
                PDGA #37716

Comment

Results Are Official!!

The official results are now posted. Lots of our Chick Flickers placed really high, and lots more cashed. Congratulations to all the winners.

http://www.pdga.com/wge-winners
                  2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                  Stumptown #176
                  PDGA #37716

Comment

Here is the only thing I am wondering about, will the 'Official' round ratings bump Sally into second?! Or did the PDGA already look at that scenario since there is only 1 rating point difference from 1st and 2nd....Drrrrrama...Suspense...all that fun stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                      Here is the only thing I am wondering about, will the 'Official' round ratings bump Sally into second?! Or did the PDGA already look at that scenario since there is only 1 rating point difference from 1st and 2nd....Drrrrrama...Suspense...all that fun stuff.
                      Pretty sure these results are locked down now since they have officially announced the winners. Sally is in 2nd though.

Cindy
                      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                      Stumptown #176
                      PDGA #37716

Comment

Ratings often change from unofficial to official, so it is just me being curious! And it would also be funny if they had to re-tract what was said and make the correction because of the oversight.

Comment

What a great day that was and yes- Congrats to all the winners!! Congrats Cindy! I'm still living high off my 912 rated round as well! Pretty bummed to miss out on 1st by such an incredibly narrow margin (and a new Grip Bag!! ) but such a fun day! Just goes to show that one putt can make a difference

Comment

For Global events, the unofficial ratings are considered "official" in terms of how final standings are determined. In most of the global events, the official ratings will be different in each round than the unofficial ratings because most of the time the two round scores are averaged to determine the course's SSA. However, the total of the two rounds of unofficial ratings are usually the same or within a point of the total for the two rounds of official ratings.

Comment

Thank You

Yes the Chick Flick now owns it's own score point! Thanks to myself, Celeste Scandiffio, Nichola Landry, Kirsten Schmieding Voyer, and Arletta Quadro for donating their WGE winnings. Thanks you to Brian Graham & Rebecca Hall Duffy & the PDGA for allowing us to pool our WGE winnings, so that we could purchase this for the Chick Flick. Also a huge thanks goes out to Bob Cabal who wanted to help us get this, and paid for the shipping. Bob also wants to build us a frame to hang it, so he and Steve McMahan are going to do this for us. Thanks so much everyone with all the events in our area it will be nice to have another one of these in our disc golf comminity.

Cindy
                              2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                              Stumptown #176
                              PDGA #37716

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X