X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
    For those who would like to camp we have the group site near tee pad #16 of the Highland course reserved for Friday & Saturday.

You will be responsible for paying all Horning's Hideout fees. Below explains the fees for camping and day use, which was cut and pasted from the Horning's Hideout website:

<<Over 4 people or group camping is $5 per person. In the summer camping is by reservation so you must call or email.

When checking in you MUST ARRIVE before 8 PM. Check in and check out is from noon till noon. For those that play disc golf, your disc golf fees are also covered during this time, noon till noon. If you wish to camp, and play the next day past noon you can, simply pay the day use fees of $3 per person that applies after 12 PM.>>

Those camping Friday will need to pay the $5 camping fee, and then the $3 day use fee for Saturday. Those camping Friday and Saturday will need to pay $5 for each night, and the $3 day use fee on Sunday if you golf past noon.
    I may not be arriving until 2 (God I hope Not!!) hours later. I will miss the 8pm check in time. Will that be an issue? Help me McMayhem, you're my only hope!

Comment

Originally posted by Tanya Spence View Post
      I may not be arriving until 2 (God I hope Not!!) hours later. I will miss the 8pm check in time. Will that be an issue? Help me McMayhem, you're my only hope!
      I am sure it will be fine, but we will check to make sure this weekend when we are there.

Cindy
      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
      Stumptown #176
      PDGA #37716

Comment

Make sure you register today or tomorrow. May 4th is the last day to register to ensure you will receive a players pack. Only the first 500 ladies who are pre-registered will be guaranteed a players pack.

http://www.pdgasignup.com/Qstore/Qst...ROD=1329939811

Cindy
        2013 Chick Flick co-TD
        Stumptown #176
        PDGA #37716

Comment

No info on DGS about WGE

I am just curious as to why there has been no info posted on Disc Golf Scene about the Womens Global Event. It seems to me that the best way to reach the most people is to use as many avenues of advertising as possible. There seems to be a separation of interests when tournament info is posted on this Forum. Not just the Ladies event but alot of events that are posted on NWDGN are left off of the Scene or mentioned in passing when any one of several events are looking to fill vacant spots. Purely an observation.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas "T" D. View Post
            I am just curious as to why there has been no info posted on Disc Golf Scene about the Womens Global Event. It seems to me that the best way to reach the most people is to use as many avenues of advertising as possible. There seems to be a separation of interests when tournament info is posted on this Forum. Not just the Ladies event but alot of events that are posted on NWDGN are left off of the Scene or mentioned in passing when any one of several events are looking to fill vacant spots. Purely an observation.
            I have posted several times on the DGS pertaining to the WGE Thomas. On my page, and the Chick Flick page. We mostly post on facebook though TD becasue that is where most of the ladies are.

Cindy
            2013 Chick Flick co-TD
            Stumptown #176
            PDGA #37716

Comment

http://www.discgolfscene.com/clubs/C..._Golfing_Women

just sayin'...
              "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
              Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Also another problem with the DGS is there are so many different groups who have pages it would take forever to post on all of them for an event. With the forum bamm post once, and you are done.

Cindy
                2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                Stumptown #176
                PDGA #37716

Comment

We Filled The Canyon Course!

We have 72 ladies now signed up for The Chick Flick Women's Global Event!

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_resul...%2526766708980
                  2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                  Stumptown #176
                  PDGA #37716

Comment

Will the other courses be closed during the Global?
                    (sorry if it has already been stated in this thread)
                    Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by mowens404 View Post
                      Will the other courses be closed during the Global?
                      (sorry if it has already been stated in this thread)
                      Only the Canyon course will be closed for our event. The Highland & Meadow Ridge will be open to the public.

Cindy
                      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                      Stumptown #176
                      PDGA #37716

Comment

Last year if I remember right the Rec division played the Highland course. Is that the case or is it all Canyon?

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonH View Post
                          Last year if I remember right the Rec division played the Highland course. Is that the case or is it all Canyon?
                          The Women's Global Event is a completely different event from the Chick Flick. For the Women's Global event we all have to play the same course at our event on the same layout for two rounds. All the other 40 events in the world will be doing the same thing on their home courses. At the Chick Flick Women's Global Event we will play two rounds on the Canyon course all in the longs with only 1 & 12 in the short pin positions.

For the 2012 Chick Flick, which will take play August 4th & 5th for Sundays two tournament rounds as we have the done the previous two years the recreational & younger Jr. players will play their tournament rounds on the Highland course.

Cindy
                          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                          Stumptown #176
                          PDGA #37716

Comment

Congratulations on such a stellar turn out! I am assuming that it is the most women gather at one course throughout this event?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Horning View Post
                              Congratulations on such a stellar turn out! I am assuming that it is the most women gather at one course throughout this event?
                              Yes Bob we have the most ladies signed up at a single event. I think the next largest event is 44.

Thanks so much for handing out the flyers too BTW. We are so grateful for all the support you and the Horning's Hideout crew have given to the Chick Flick!

Cindy
                              2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                              Stumptown #176
                              PDGA #37716

Comment

We need video!

Hey we are looking for someone who has some video equipment, and some skills to come out to the Women's Global Event this coming Saturday at Horning's Hideout. We need someone to take some footage of our event, so we can send it into Disc Golf Planet. They will be producing a program about the Women's Global Event from footage that is sent in from all of the events throughout the world. Contact either myself or Celeste if you might be able to help us record this historic event.

Cindy
                                Last edited by LegoRules; May 9th, 2012, 06:33 PM.
                                2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                                Stumptown #176
                                PDGA #37716

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X