X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Chick Flick Women's Global Event May 12th

May 12, 2012 is a day to mark in the history books of Women's Disc Golf. To follow in the footsteps of last year's Global Tournament, the PDGA and PDGA Women's Committee will be hosting the inaugural Women's Global Event. We invite women from all over the world to take part in this groundbreaking event!

The Chick Flick Women's Global Event will take place at Horning's Hideout both rounds on the Canyon Course.

TDs: Cindy McMahan & Celeste Scandiffioi

Check in 8:00am - 8:30am
    Players Meeting - 8:30am to 8:45am
    First rounds starts at 9:00am
    Lunch 12:00pm - 1:00pm
    Second rounds starts at 1:00pm

No lunch will be provided, so bring your lunches. Also you will need to pay the $3 Horning’s Hideout day use fee unless you are a season pass holder.

So, What exactly is a Women's Global Event, you ask?

Here are the details: On May 12, 2012 women from all around the world will play two rounds of disc golf during their local global event. The scores for the two rounds will be submitted and rated by the PDGA. The round ratings will be added to determine the player's "Global Score."

For the rounds to qualify the event must include two rounds on the same layout on the same course and also have five players rated 800+ (male or female) to keep the ratings consistent across the competition. The global scores will be updated and ranked throughout the day to find our overall Women's Global Event Champions.

We will be offering all Pro and Am divisions and you do not have to be a current PDGA member to play, and the $10 non member fee will be waived for this event. This event has been coordinated to make it as accessible as possible to encourage more women to get out and play!!

Registration fees are $15 for amateurs, and $20 for pros. There will be player’s packs for amateurs, and the PDGA is hoping to gather enough sponsorship to provide something for the pros as well. Amateurs will be awarded prizes & pros will be playing for cash.

The link to the player registration page is below. Make sure you click on The Chick Flick Women's Global Event.

Also since we will be competing against women from all over the world we encourage everyone to follow the PDGA ratings to determine which division you should play in, and there will be no division size minimums. Since we are competing against womens from all over the world we may have lets say for example one Advanced Grand Master, but there will be other Adavanced Grand Masters at other events.

If your rating is below 750 you could sign up for Recreational (FW3)
    If your rating is below 800 you could sign up for Intermediate (FW2)
    If your rating is above 800 you should sign up for Advanced (FW1)

Also if you are a pro, and have excepted cash or are classified as a pro with the PDGA, and if your rating is below 850 you can sign up for Advanced (FW1)

Age protected divisions:

If you turn 40 this calendar year you can play Pro Master Women (FPM), or Advanced Master Women (FM1)
    If you turn 50 this calendar year you can play Pro Grand Master Women (FPG), or Advanced Grand Master Women (FG1)
    If you turn 60 this calendar year you can play Pro Sr Grand Master Women (FPS)
    If you turn 70 this calendar year you can play Pro Legend Women (FPL)

If you are 19 or younger you can play Junior Girls (FJ1)
    If you are 16 or younger you can play Junior Girls (FJ2)
    If you are 13 or younger you can play Junior Girls (FJ3)
    If you are 10 or younger you can play Junior Girls (FJ4)

If you do not have a PDGA rating we can help place you in the division where you will be most competitive. Just message Cindy McMahan (LegoRules) or Clesete Scandiffio (Celeste).

Link to registration page:
    http://www.pdgasignup.com/​Qstore/​Q...​9939811

Link to The Chick Flick Women's Global Event PDGA events page:
    http://www.pdga.com/​tournament_results/84128

Link to The Women's Global Event PDGA events page:
    http://www.pdga.com/​tournament_results/84940

Link to sponsorship info:
    http://​www.discgolf4women.com/​inde...portunity.html
    Last edited by LegoRules; March 7th, 2012, 03:50 PM.
    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
    Stumptown #176
    PDGA #37716

rock on with our bad selves.
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Innova & Discraft are both on board as major sponsors for this event, and every lady who signs up before April 12th will receive both a Discraft & Innova disc in their players pack.

Our local event is leading the way with the most ladies signed up so far.

Cindy
      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
      Stumptown #176
      PDGA #37716

Comment

Hey I just got word that Next Adventure is putting up a $100 Next Adventure certificate as an ace pot for our local Women's Global Event!

If no aces are hit it will roll over to the 2012 Chick Flick in August.

We will also have some cool prizes at our local event.

Registration is only $15 Am/ $20 Pro. Plus 1 Innvoa & 1 Discraft disc in the players pack, Next Adventure Ace Pot.....What are you waiting for ladies get signed up!

http://www.pdgasignup.com/Qstore/Qst...ROD=1329939811

Cindy
        2013 Chick Flick co-TD
        Stumptown #176
        PDGA #37716

Comment

Hey gang April 12th is the last day to sign up for the Chick Flick Women's Global Event, and recieve a players pack. Every lady who signs up will recieve 1 Innova & 1 Discraft disc.

Right now there are 176 women signed up worldwide, and 22 are signed up for our local event.

Cindy
          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
          Stumptown #176
          PDGA #37716

Comment

Ladies last day to register and guarantee that you will receive a players pack. Our local Global event will take place at Horning's Hideout May 12th. It's only $15 for amateurs or $20 for pros. Every lady who signs up today the 12th of April will receive 1 Innova disc & 1 Discraft disc plus more in their players pack.

Register here:

2013 Chick Flick co-TD
            Stumptown #176
            PDGA #37716

Comment

The last day for online registration will be May 4th. There are 450 ladies signed up worldwide, and we have 56 ladies signed up for our event. Every lady who signs up will receive a players pack. It's not too late come on out and make some history with us on May 12th.

Cindy
              2013 Chick Flick co-TD
              Stumptown #176
              PDGA #37716

Comment

a statement from your PDGA Women's Committee NW regional rep

... just so we are all clear on this...

this blew the heck up. no one (not even Valarie Jenkins) had any idea, nor dreamed, that this would be so huge.

yesterday i looked at the PDGA page and there are 450 women signed up across the globe...

wow. superwow.

it's a revolution!!!
                "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

The last day to sign up online will be Friday May 4th. We have 59 ladies signed up for our event at Horning's Hideout, and there are now 479 ladies signed up worldwide.

Remember every lady who signs up will receive 1 Discraft disc & 1 Innova disc plus a Women Throwing Frisbees towel, and a Chick Flick sticker. Yay that's right the Chick Flick is a player pack sponsor.

Also at our event Next Adventure is putting up a $100 acepot in Next Adventure script. If the ace is not hit at the WGE it will roll over to the 2012 Chick Flick making the acepot the August Chick Flick $400 in Next Adventure script. We will also have some cool ctp prizes at our local Women's Global event provided by Next Adventure & The Chick Flick.

Come on get signed up cause you don't want to miss being a part of this ground breaking women's event.

2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                  Stumptown #176
                  PDGA #37716

Comment

Who's got two thumbs and is SO EXCITE!?!?

This Gal!!

Comment

Way to go ladies. Looking forward to see how this goes down. We're working to make sure the software at PDGA processes the results properly.

Comment

Camping

For those who would like to camp we have the group site near tee pad #16 of the Highland course reserved for Friday & Saturday.

You will be responsible for paying all Horning's Hideout fees. Below explains the fees for camping and day use, which was cut and pasted from the Horning's Hideout website:

<<Over 4 people or group camping is $5 per person. In the summer camping is by reservation so you must call or email.

When checking in you MUST ARRIVE before 8 PM. Check in and check out is from noon till noon. For those that play disc golf, your disc golf fees are also covered during this time, noon till noon. If you wish to camp, and play the next day past noon you can, simply pay the day use fees of $3 per person that applies after 12 PM.>>

Those camping Friday will need to pay the $5 camping fee, and then the $3 day use fee for Saturday. Those camping Friday and Saturday will need to pay $5 for each night, and the $3 day use fee on Sunday if you golf past noon.
                        2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                        Stumptown #176
                        PDGA #37716

Comment

Hey Cindy- this is a total "what if" scenario that might come up on my end but can plan around if necessary.

There is a pretty good chance (I probably just jinxed it) I will be over in Bend next week sometime for a job interview. IF my interview is on Friday, how much of a pain in the butt would it be for me to transfer over to the Sisters Global event? That way I wouldn't have to interview Friday then rush back to Portland that night to be at Hornings Saturday but could still participate in the global event. Like I said, this is a total "what if" scenario but figured I would at least see what my options are if it comes to that...

If it really is a pain then I'll make it work so no worries!

~Sally

Comment

Originally posted by Sally W View Post
                            Hey Cindy- this is a total "what if" scenario that might come up on my end but can plan around if necessary.

There is a pretty good chance (I probably just jinxed it) I will be over in Bend next week sometime for a job interview. IF my interview is on Friday, how much of a pain in the butt would it be for me to transfer over to the Sisters Global event? That way I wouldn't have to interview Friday then rush back to Portland that night to be at Hornings Saturday but could still participate in the global event. Like I said, this is a total "what if" scenario but figured I would at least see what my options are if it comes to that...

If it really is a pain then I'll make it work so no worries!

~Sally
                            No trouble at all. Just let both myself and Rachel know on Friday if possible. You might shoot Rachel a text or something just to give her a heads up that this may happen because she does not get on here as much as me.

Your player pack will be sent to our event though, but we will make sure you get it.

Cindy
                            2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                            Stumptown #176
                            PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
                              No trouble at all. Just let both myself and Rachel know on Friday if possible. You might shoot Rachel a text or something just to give her a heads up that this may happen because she does not get on here as much as me.

Your player pack will be sent to our event though, but we will make sure you get it.

Cindy
                              Great- when I know more I'll let you know and yes, I'll shoot Rachel a message and give her a heads up that I might have to do that.

Thanks!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X