Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Registration will close for the 2012 Chick Flick tonight (Thursday) at 9pm for both players & guest/caddies. We will take day of registrations, but there is only 1 spot left for the divisions that will play on the Canyon course pro, advanced, intermediate, and the older jr divisions. Also we are down to only XL in player pack shirts. Some of the caddies shirt sizes are getting low as well. Can you believe it is almost here!!!!
    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
    Stumptown #176
    PDGA #37716

Comment

We can use a few good men to navigate players between clinics, as there will be A LOT of people attending this weekend (most of them unfamiliar with Hornings' layout). Please let me know if you will be able to assist.

Comment

allison and myself really had a good time

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
          allison and myself really had a good time
          glad you made it down & glad you made it home safe & sound! you guys rock and stuck it out til the end.
          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Wow ... What a funtastick time we had yaaaaa... Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
              glad you made it down & glad you made it home safe & sound! you guys rock and stuck it out til the end.
              It was nice to meet you this weekend. Me and Sophie and Una had a great time. You made the ring of fire awesome! Also thanks for your encouraging words on my high floating putting....Blue shirt with black putter if you don't remember I didn't win anything but had fun. It was our first time doing it.

But we did cash in on the raffle....got the mini basket for our daughter maddy...throwing the mini's in it all day today. She was soooo excited. Can't wait to be her caddy someday. It's cool seeing you and your dad together and makes me smile waiting patiently someday to have my chance with her that your dad has with you

Comment

Originally posted by Snoopy View Post
                It was nice to meet you this weekend. Me and Sophie and Una had a great time. You made the ring of fire awesome! Also thanks for your encouraging words on my high floating putting....Blue shirt with black putter if you don't remember I didn't win anything but had fun. It was our first time doing it.

But we did cash in on the raffle....got the mini basket for our daughter maddy...throwing the mini's in it all day today. She was soooo excited. Can't wait to be her caddy someday. It's cool seeing you and your dad together and makes me smile waiting patiently someday to have my chance with her that your dad has with you

awesome to hear. i do remember your putt... finesse... just like me.

and excellent to have some very kind words today (ugh... the real world just punched me in the face and is trying to steal my chick flick high... so thanks for bringing it back!)

look forward to seeing you around.

emma
                "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post

awesome to hear. i do remember your putt... finesse... just like me.

and excellent to have some very kind words today (ugh... the real world just punched me in the face and is trying to steal my chick flick high... so thanks for bringing it back!)

look forward to seeing you around.

emma
                  we will be at Calpooia and Willamette open and maybe NAAC if they pick me up off the wait list. I'm 7 spots down for intermediate

Comment

Originally posted by Snoopy View Post
                    we will be at Calpooia and Willamette open and maybe NAAC if they pick me up off the wait list. I'm 7 spots down for intermediate
                    Jeff, this is great to hear! So, does that mean your wife will be playing as well? Chick Flick has a way with people...I remember a noob named Cindy McMahan taking my forehand clinic at the very first Chick Flick Tournament five years ago...look at her now!

Comment

Originally posted by Carie CPink View Post
                      Jeff, this is great to hear! So, does that mean your wife will be playing as well? Chick Flick has a way with people...I remember a noob named Cindy McMahan taking my forehand clinic at the very first Chick Flick Tournament five years ago...look at her now!

I know right Carie CPink that day was the beginning of my obsession with disc golf & the Chick Flick.

Cindy
                      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                      Stumptown #176
                      PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
                        I know right Carie CPink that day was the beginning of my obsession with disc golf & the Chick Flick.

Cindy
                        Hey Cindy,
                        I haven't seen any post about the number of women at the tournament or what that number meant, are you not going to crow about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Horning View Post
                          Hey Cindy,
                          I haven't seen any post about the number of women at the tournament or what that number meant, are you not going to crow about it?
                          We have been crowing all over Facebook because that is where most of the ladies hang out. You are right though we should do a little crowing here too.

Here is an awesome group shot from the 2012 Chick Flick. We had 109 ladies take part in the two day event, and 102 of them played in the PDGA rounds on Sunday. That officially makes our event the largest PDGA women's event ever!! Look for a write up & video of our event to be posted soon.

2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                          Stumptown #176
                          PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by Carie CPink View Post
                            I think she is hooked. She loved it at chick flick! She can't wait until the next one. She wants to start a league down here for just women and I'm just encouraging her the whole way. I haven't gotten her to sign up yet for another tournament....but we have played more as a couple which is a great thing. A family that plays together stays together.

Comment

Thank You To Our Staff & Volunteers!!

Celeste & I would like to thank all the volunteers who helped make the 2012 Chick Flick such a success. Our two right hand ladies & awesome MCs Carie Coleman & Kirsten Schmieding Voyer. Our go to guy Steve McMahan who was there whenever we needed something. Erin Lobdell Voelker who let us load up her new mini van with all of our Chick Flick swag. Melissa Johnson who despite having a bumm knee for the 2nd year in a row manned TC all weekend. Shawn Wilberscheid, Vanessa Blaisdell, Jennifer Falk Barajas, Sky Love Wilberscheid, Tee Martini who helped all weekend at TC & suck around to help us pack everything up. Eric Wilberscheid & Joe Wesley, and JenBar's Tony for helping with our tee signs. Stu Hicks who just showed up & wanted to help on Saturday. Oh, and thank you to Christina Brow for bringing the ice, bottled water & ice chest to us on Saturday. Bob Horning & The Horning's crew who whenever we needed to be zipped around to fill water jugs or fetch baskets for the Ring of Fire was there in their golf carts. Thanks to Ian, Rob & the crew from Next Adventure fo cooking up & serving our lunches Saturday & Sunday. All of the clinic staff who made our Saturday morning clinics such a success Nate Sexton, Emma Rose Hanely, Garry Hanley, Jason Pinkle, Dan Carpenter, Suzie Wagner, Erin Volker, Kirsten Voyer, Carie Coleman, Chris Voyer, Jeff Elliott, John Ollis. Also thank you to Bryan Knudsen for all that he does in helping us make this such an awesome event. Also a huge thank you to all the caddies who were there all weekend to support the ladies you guys are awesome!! Thank you to all that helped make this event so amazing!!
                              2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                              Stumptown #176
                              PDGA #37716

Comment

Thank You To Our Sponsors!

Thank you to all of the awesome sponsors of the 2012 Chick Flick. Our title sponsor Next Adventure, KEEN, Paragon, Innova, Huk Lab, Bad Monkey Bikes, Stumptown Disc Golf Club, Laughing Yoga - Ataraxia Wellness Concern, Muscle & Bone PDX, 2012 World Champion Sarah Hokom, 2011 World Champion Paige Pierce, 3 X World Champion Valerie Jenkins, Justin Romito, Nathan Boyes & DDGA, Oregon Disc Golf Assossiation, Disc Van Go, Chadwick Warner, Disc Golf Or Die, Celeste's Mom, The McMayhem's, JenBar, The Hoppy Brewer, Rachel Hermansen & Tucker, Emma Rose Hanley, The Hope Open. We could not put on such a great event without the support of our sponsors. Thank You!!
                                2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                                Stumptown #176
                                PDGA #37716

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X