Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is the ring of fire and how does it work?

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
      what is the ring of fire and how does it work?
      Show up, bring a putter, win free stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoLWlidg-UQ

Comment

Originally posted by Celeste View Post
        Show up, bring a putter, win free stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoLWlidg-UQ
        thats what I thought, but wanted to make sure
        thank you

Comment

** public service announcement **

i was out at horning's this weekend and it was very buggy in the afternoon. i would recommend lots of bug dope this weekend.
          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Cat Nip = Natural Repellent works better than Deet

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
            i was out at horning's this weekend and it was very buggy in the afternoon. i would recommend lots of bug dope this weekend.
            A golfer from the Portland area came into the shop yesterday and seriously praised the use of Cat Nip oil (can find at pet stores to spray on their toys) as a natural bug repellent. I am def going to try, but probably only while outdoors and making sure to avoid my friend's house with the crazy kitty. He says it works better than any type of repellent he'd ever tried before. Worth a shot

I hope you ladies (and gents) have a great weekend! Wish I could be there, but alas... sigh... I have to work
            “They deem me mad because I will not sell my days for gold; and I deem them mad because they think my days have a price. ”
            ― Khalil Gibran

If people were more like Rocs, the world would be a more stable place to live.

Comment

Originally posted by p-nit View Post
              A golfer from the Portland area came into the shop yesterday and seriously praised the use of Cat Nip oil (can find at pet stores to spray on their toys) as a natural bug repellent. I am def going to try, but probably only while outdoors and making sure to avoid my friend's house with the crazy kitty. He says it works better than any type of repellent he'd ever tried before. Worth a shot

I hope you ladies (and gents) have a great weekend! Wish I could be there, but alas... sigh... I have to work
              If we used cat nip oil at my house
              There would be mob of cats with a new full size play toy, and that would be the last you would see of us

Comment

If we used cat nip oil at my house
                There would be mob of cats with a new full size play toy, and that would be the last you would see of us
                ... yeah... being raised up by a hippy mama i been doused in pretty much every deet alternative out there... i really wish they worked for me... but, since i've decided i don't really need my ovaries anyway and i can't focus while being eaten alive, i'll use the deet...
                "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Dang darn it! I just went to the first post of the thread and was reading about camping. I was really looking forward to it but there is no way I can cart/pack my gear into a campsite. Time to come up with a plan B!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                    Dang darn it! I just went to the first post of the thread and was reading about camping. I was really looking forward to it but there is no way I can cart/pack my gear into a campsite. Time to come up with a plan B!

Bob
                    Update................plan B in action............see you all out there.

Bob

Comment

Bob
                      I'm the kinda guy that likes to bring the kitchen sink
                      and the back of my p-up, is part of my "set-up"
                      So I really had to slim down my camp
                      and we are bringing my wifes little wagon to move with

Comment

I'm the kinda guy that likes to bring the kitchen sink
                        and the back of my p-up, is part of my "set-up"
                        So I really had to slim down my camp
                        and we are bringing my wifes little wagon to move with
                        I could scale it back but unless I could get all into a back pack it would still be too much. Two back surgeries and old age just don't cut it anymore. Think I got something figured out though.

Bob

Comment

I could scale it back but unless I could get all into a back pack it would still be too much. Two back surgeries and old age just don't cut it anymore. Think I got something figured out though.

Bob
                          I hope your plan B includes the fact that you have lots of friends willing to pack all your camping crap down for you . See ya soon buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by Celeste View Post
                            I hope your plan B includes the fact that you have lots of friends willing to pack all your camping crap down for you . See ya soon buddy!
                            I think we'll be able to work it out. This will be my first Chick Flick Camping trip. I've always just come out for the day. Jessica and her mom are absulutely beside themselves with anticipation.

See ya, Friday! Woooohooooooo!

Bob

Comment

Hey Chick Flickers and Caddies,
                              With the Chick Flick just a few days away we wanted to send an email to answer some questions we have received. Sorry this is wordy, but please take a second to read it. Also if you signed up for another player or caddie please pass this information along to them.

It's going to be HOT. Please bring a water bottle for your round. We will not have water bottles available. There will be some water available on the course but be prepared with the water you think you'll need as it tends to run out quickly during hot rounds. There are faucets available to fill your bottles before the round

Checking in for players/caddies/guests: Please check in when you arrive. Each player needs to check in herself in order to pick up their player pack Check in is at the big tent by the practice basket. You'll see it, don't worry. At check in you can pick up your player's pack, wristband for camping/lunches, purchase raffle tickets, and ask any questions you may have about the weekend.
                              Check in will be available Friday night from 5:30-7 PM, Saturday 8-8:45AM, and Sunday from 8-8:15 AM

Camping locations: General group camping is available below hole 14 on the canyon course. Quiet camping is located near hole 1 of the Meadow Ridge course. You must park your car and carry your gear to the spot (100-300ft) you can not drive into the camping area. Space is limited in the camping areas. Please place your tents as close as possible to other tents. Make a new friend if you arrive late and don't see an obvious spot.
                              EVERYONE IN THE GROUP CAMPING AREAS NEED TO HAVE A WRISTBAND. SEE TOURNAMENT CENTRAL FOR THIS.
                              Below is the schedule for the weekend. It will also be posted at tournament central. Please be on time for the players meeting Sunday morning and come to tournament central to sign up on a playing card. Keep in mind that the Sunday rounds are PDGA tournament rounds. This means that PDGA rules need to be followed on Sunday (we will go over these). This also means that in order to respect other player's concentration needs, young children and dogs are not allowed on the course. This is only during the Sunday rounds.

We will have schedules at tournament central. No need to memorize this.

Schedule for Saturday, August 4th

8:00 – 8:45 Check-in, Registration, and Clinic Sign-Up at Tournament Central
                              8:45 – 9:00 Player’s Meeting at Tournament Central
                              9:00 – 9:35 Clinic #1
                              9:45 – 10:20 Clinic #2
                              10:30 – 11:05 Clinic #3
                              11:15 – 11:50 Clinic #4

Noon – 1:00 Lunch (Provided by our sponsor Next Adventure to all registered players & registered guest/caddies)

1:00 – 1:15 Players Meeting for Casual Round
                              1:30 – 4:30 Casual Round
                              4:30 – 5:30 CTP Prizes Awarded

Schedule for Sunday, August 5th

8:15 – 8:30 Players Meeting
                              8:30 – 11:30 Round #1
                              11:30 – 12:30 Lunch (Provided by our sponsor Next Adventure to all registered players & registered guest/caddies)
                              12:30 – 12:45 Players Meeting
                              1:00 – 4:00 Round #2
                              4:00 – 6:00 Raffle, Ring of Fire, Awards

Please if you have any questions contact Cindy or Celeste . See you all soon!

Comment

Thanks in advance,
                                for all the hard work (all year, since the last one, i'm sure) you fine folks are putting in to this weekend

Thank you, Matt & Allison

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X