Starter discs for women Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    When talking to new women almost every weekend in the shop I always recommend throwing an entire (yes EVERY shot) with a stable mid-range disc (Roc, Cobra, Stingray,etc), and trying both back and fore-hand shots. This is usually if it's their very first round. The disc tends to stay in the middle making it easier to find, and more fun for the new player. As a progressive disc, mostly I suggest a 150 Leopard in Pro or DX plastic as it is easy to grip, and a Rhyno or Banger putter, as the rims on these make it easy to keep your thumb where ya'spose tah helps with the "flutter effect", and both are easy to get super straight. Discraft has the X line of drivers which are great for straight long distance shots, and won't retire from your bag as you get better. The XS & XL in z-elite or x-elite plastic are great. That's my two cents, from a chick that sells discs. Most of all remember it is only 1% the disc, and 99% the player, so form is everything!
    “They deem me mad because I will not sell my days for gold; and I deem them mad because they think my days have a price. ”
    ― Khalil Gibran

    If people were more like Rocs, the world would be a more stable place to live.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by emmarose View Post
      you know i love my eclipses!!! great beginner disc made by discraft... and i still carry 2 or 3 in my bag at all times...
      Oh, and I totally agree with the Sidewinder as a 165-168g! Better spin off the mid-weights on those speed of drivers (anything between a 7 or 10).
      “They deem me mad because I will not sell my days for gold; and I deem them mad because they think my days have a price. ”
      ― Khalil Gibran

      If people were more like Rocs, the world would be a more stable place to live.

      Comment


      • #18
        i also just today, got her a lattitude64 opto 151 diamond

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by matt View Post
          i also just today, got her a lattitude64 opto 151 diamond
          good choice, matt... i love my opto diamond light (altho i mostly have replaced it with the mamba... mamba goes farther).



          p.s. it was really nice to meet the two of you this weekend, thank you again for being out there spotting for us and we'll see you in a couple weeks at the chick flick!
          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by matt View Post
            i also just today, got her a lattitude64 opto 151 diamond
            the only problem is, she doesnt want to throw it, because I got it dyed on sat
            (see attach. pic)

            Originally posted by emmarose View Post
            good choice, matt... i love my opto diamond light (altho i mostly have replaced it with the mamba...

            Originally posted by matt View Post
            we also have a 148 CH mamba
            that she will end up with, (but I think they are too high of speed for her, right now)
            any other recommendations?
            thanks, matt (for allison)
            .................................................. ...........


            Originally posted by emmarose View Post
            p.s. it was really nice to meet the two of you this weekend, thank you again for being out there spotting for us and we'll see you in a couple weeks at the chick flick!
            it was very good to meet you also, and (put a face to a screen name)
            I think its going to be a great time for her, (and me) at chick flick

            Comment


            • #21
              ha!!! that's awesome... i have opto diamond light envy... totally was talking to danni when she was prepping that one... first of all, love the glitter flecks and it's a brilliant dye!!! if she doesn't want it i would be happy to do y'all a favor and take it off your hands...
              "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
              Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

              Comment


              • #22
                A blizzard katana is the way to go especially it ur really new try a 130's gram dx leopard , if u can find a 150g kc pro roc its money in the bank and as for putts can't go wrong with 150g xd's

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by NAVA50383 View Post
                  A blizzard katana is the way to go especially it ur really new try a 130's gram dx leopard , if u can find a 150g kc pro roc its money in the bank and as for putts can't go wrong with 150g xd's
                  I think at this point, the katana is too fast for her, but she will be there someday.
                  she has a 146 DX leopard, and I just lost mine last week.
                  I have been looking at XD s, (for approach) more and more, for both Allison and myself

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by matt View Post
                    I think at this point, the katana is too fast for her, but she will be there someday.
                    she has a 146 DX leopard, and I just lost mine last week.
                    I have been looking at XD s, (for approach) more and more, for both Allison and myself
                    matt... i have two xds in my bag at all times... and i have for the 15 years i have been playing. they are not terribly stable so i would recommend something along the lines of a spider as well for windy/breezy conditions. also, when getting allison her xd or other midrange step up on the weight a little. i throw very light when it comes to my drivers but my xds are 175g and my spiders are about 165g.
                    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I have also been looking at the wedge

                      Comment

                      Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X