Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disc golf lessons hanley style!!!

hey ladies (all the ladies)!!!

i just wanted to post here in the women's section and make sure that y'all were aware of the classes that my dad and i will be teaching this summer at orchard park (check out his thread in the disc golf section for all the info)...

... as some of you may know my dad deserves a big shout out for the advances that my game has made in the last year. he is an excellent teacher with a very good understanding of body mechanics and sports in general and was quite successful in picking out the areas of my game that needed work and figuring out how to communicate those things to me and at the same time instilling in me a sense of ownership of my game and skills (finding a good coach is priceless and i am lucky enough to have benefitted from more than one)...

... so far the classes have not filled, so there is a good possibility that we'll be able to provide some individualized, one on one instruction...

pre-registration is necessary... check out the flyer at www.ci.hillsboro.or.us/parksrec scroll waaaay down to get to the disc golf info...

hope to see you out there!!!

p.s. please note that saturday we'll be rockin' it family style, so feel free to bring the kiddos!!!
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

success!!!

hey ladies (and gentlemen... i know you totally read the women's section),

just wanted to bump this class thing a little bit and share how the first one went... 'cause it went really well.

the turnout was on the smaller side which lent itself well to our first go at it (and luckily the wind died down right on time, too... we were a little worried at first that we were going to be teaching beginners how to throw in gusty conditions, but it mellowed) and we saw some really great results.

the two women that i took out on the course after the initial "lesson" part of the evening showed pretty dramatic improvent by the end of the nine holes. one lady went from throwing about 30 feet completely sideways to about 75 feet straight down the fairway!!! hooray for fairway golf!!! and the other gal was able to crank out some drives over 100 feet and parred three of the holes and successfully integrated reach back, good snap and even a tentative x-step a couple times. it was very cool and very pleasing to get to be a part of.

these lessons are definitely geared toward the super beginning beginner, but it seems likely that some of y'all might know a couple... pass the word, we still have openings available...

thank you!!!

emmarose
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

My wife took the disc golf class at Orchards Park on wednesday night. Not only was it a great class but also a great deal. For her $15 she got some great instruction and a $10 disc for free, So if any of you beginners want to learn the basics of disc golf call the Hillsboro Parks Dept. and get on board.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
      Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X