X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... also...

dance parties and synchronized, choreographed dance routines a la janet jackson rythm nation... and karaoke...

hahahahaha... haha... ha!!!
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by Tanya Spence View Post
      Thanks for all of the input. This is really helpful. I got talking with a couple of local women that I see around often and we've got an email list started

I'm glad to report that we will be starting first (and eventually 2nd and 3rd depending on interest) Thursdays ladies rounds. Were planning on our first to be June.

Now all I need is a super cute name...

...Huzzah!
      Way to take the initiative Tanya! Let me know if you need any help or advice.

P.S. There are still two champion birdies at the shop.

Thomas
      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

It's amazing what can happen in 24hours

Comment

Originally posted by Tanya Spence View Post
          Now all I need is a super cute name...
          Hmmm, "Chick Flick" is already taken... and I suppose "Girl Hurl" doesn't exactly qualify as super cute.
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
            Hmmm, "Chick Flick" is already taken... and I suppose "Girl Hurl" doesn't exactly qualify as super cute.
            hmmm...

"Chick Chukkers"

"Wingin Women"

"Sister Slingers"

"Fraulein Flingers"

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Chick Flick should go franchise. Any new names I can come up with don't work a fraction as well. You P-Town ladies should trademark that.

Today, Portland, tomorrow, the WORLD!!!
              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

... frankly i think the cute names are overrated, tanya... however i'm sure us oregon bitches got no problem with a western WA chick flick chapter...

... i also understand that i pretty much have the least amount of authority to hand out that permission as i'm only minimally involved in the chick flick stuff myself... but whatever...
                "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

That's actually not a bad idea. "Oregon Chick Flick" and "Washington Chick Flick" are pretty easily distinguishable.

But of course, it'd need the blessing of the Chicks In Charge down here.
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                    That's actually not a bad idea. "Oregon Chick Flick" and "Washington Chick Flick" are pretty easily distinguishable.

But of course, it'd need the blessing of the Chicks In Charge down here.
                    Hum we would have to discuss that, but for sure here in Oregon the birth place and Mecca it would always have to be just the Chick Flick since we are the original.

Cindy
                    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                    Stumptown #176
                    PDGA #37716

Comment

Hey Tanya

I will be at the event this weekend and I would really like to talk with you face-to-face, because you have a lot of legitimate concerns that I would like to help you with. I am one of the people working on restoring our state series, and players that get moved around like you will be given a clear expaination of how you will earn points and be taken care of - we're working on it.

I am super stoked to hear that you would like to organize some women's events in western WA. I had a really hard time getting the ladies to come out to the Tiara Teardown last year. I had a guaranteed payout to Pro Open Women of $500 (only three ladies in that division) and a brand new Mach V portable basket to first place Women's Advanced (I think, four in that division). Anyway, if you can get the ladies to sign up, I'll help you with any administrative tasks you would like help with and, if you need help, help you run a smooth tourney.

Don't come down too hard on this weekends TD. He is stepping up for his first time and I know he is really stressing on putting together a quality event. I have been working closely with him on getting ready, but he is still learning some of the particulars about things like moving players around. His stepping up is actually a huge deal for me, because I finally get to play a tourney at my home course - it'll be the first one since the Fort Steilacoom Open in 2009. It's stressful being the only TD for a big course, but I know that for Mark, it is also very stressful going into your first big tourney and only kinda knowing what to expect.

Mike Rideout
                      WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Comment

Tanya,
                        I was chatting with Dana a few days ago at North Park and encouraged her to play this weekend; she seemed enthusiastic about it. Did you try to wrangle Amy into playing?
                        Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

IT IS HAPPENING! Please contact me for more info, the first casual Woman's Doubles at Northpark this Thursday at 5:30pm (let me know Tanya if you can make it, I still want to meet up with you to talk about the future of Northend Ladies DG anytime!) No fees for for the first few doubles just til we get a following going, then maybe (fingers crossed hopefully!) we can start offering payouts later this summer (yay!) wouldn't that be gas! Seeing the women counting their winnings at hole #9 for once...lol! Let me know, and it was great playing with you that day awhile back, look forward to the next round.~Dana
                          “They deem me mad because I will not sell my days for gold; and I deem them mad because they think my days have a price. ”
                          ― Khalil Gibran

If people were more like Rocs, the world would be a more stable place to live.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X