X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• super cool disc golf experience...

yesterday's chick flick bag tag was a really good time... i got to play with a few gals i'd never played with before (super props to julie "juju" gorman for rockin' my world and finding my eclipse halfway down the canyon wall!!!) and got to meet some new gals... and got my butt kicked by the canyon course and still (just barely, right cindy?) managed to hang on to my #1 tag...

... and then we went up to the highlands for a little bit of easy funtime golf and as i was reflecting on the evening with my pops last night i realized that our group of ladies covered the entire range of disc golfing skills from recreational to open... it was very, very cool... so thank you to arletta, heather, jennifer, and cindy for such a unique and pretty cosmic disc golf adventure out there on the short course... that almost makes up for the fact that it wasn't the ace-o-rama adventure we were all hoping for...

peace threw disc golf,
    emmarose
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
    yesterday's chick flick bag tag was a really good time... i got to play with a few gals i'd never played with before (super props to julie "juju" gorman for rockin' my world and finding my eclipse halfway down the canyon wall!!!) and got to meet some new gals... and got my butt kicked by the canyon course and still (just barely, right cindy?) managed to hang on to my #1 tag...

... and then we went up to the highlands for a little bit of easy funtime golf and as i was reflecting on the evening with my pops last night i realized that our group of ladies covered the entire range of disc golfing skills from recreational to open... it was very, very cool... so thank you to arletta, heather, jennifer, and cindy for such a unique and pretty cosmic disc golf adventure out there on the short course... that almost makes up for the fact that it wasn't the ace-o-rama adventure we were all hoping for...

peace threw disc golf,
    emmarose
    I know this is the lady's forum but I would also like to second what Emma said. My wife Willow and I came out Saturday night to celebrate John's B-day and we got to meet most of you. You are an exceptional cool bunch of folks and it was especially fun to do the night round with some of you...and partake in a little bit of debauchery But as the Vegas adage goes "What happens at Hornings, stays at Hornings." Hope to see you all again real soon.
    Tony

Comment

peace threw disc golf,
      emmarose

Emma that was one of the best days of golf ever. It was so much fun I so wanted to play that third round on the Canyon course, but it was a good thing we didn't because even though the mind was saying yes, yes, yes, the body really needed to stop where we did. Just think too yesterday was only a small warm-up for what is to come in less than two weeks The 2010 Chick Flick baby.

Cindy
      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
      Stumptown #176
      PDGA #37716

Comment

So you guys saved some aces for the ace gift certificate to Next Adventure? Good thinking.

Comment

peace threw disc golf,
          emmarose
          Oh that was so much fun! I don't usually get the chance to play with anyone other than Heather so this was a completely new, fun, and exciting experience for both of us and we can't wait to do it again (although I'm glad I have two weeks to recover after yesterday!) Cindy, you were so helpful and knowledgeable and I want to say thank you for being so encouraging. Emma, you were a blast all around. You're energy is so infectious and you really made the day a great one. I'm looking forward to seeing you all in two weeks and competing against my own level, maybe then I won't come in DFL

Comment

I'm late in posting this, but last weekend was hella fun all the way around. It was so nice to play with all of you ladies on Sunday!! I CAN'T WAIT for the big event!!

The camping and night golf on Saturday were super fun too (though I think I'll stick to the Highlands for night golf in the future - the Canyon was a whole different world with one disc, stumbling around in the dark. LOL!!)

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X