X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ... if you were me...

... and you wanted to sign up for maybe two or three more tournies between now and the end of the season, which ones would you go for?

...i'm asking for advice here, 'cause all this tournie stuff is so new to me and i don't want to miss another awesome event (like i did with the gno)... i'm playing the RCO, the Chick Flick, and the ORDGC... want to fill in some of the blanks...

... and i know i want to get in on the Eugene Celebration because i'm sure it's awesome... and i totally have a place to stay all lined up... hehehe!

thanks for any and all input!!!

peace threw disc golf,
    emmarose
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Don't forget Willamette Open Sept 25-26th. It's always a great tournament. They've added courses in the past years so not sure where you'd be playing but it's always well run by the WDGC crew!

Comment

Willamette Open - great courses and competition. A tier for the pros this year, B tier for ams!

September 25/26
      Team DISCRAFT
      NW Sign Up
      Gorilla Boy
      Paragon Disc Golf
      Odwalla

Comment

thank you dion and celeste... which would you choose if you had to choose one... willamette open or eugene celebration?

... or should i just buck up and play three tournies in a row and stop being such an old lady?

peace,
        em

Comment

Seattle Duel Nature is worth looking into as well.
          Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
            Seattle Duel Nature is worth looking into as well.
            dates?

peace,
            em

p.s. and yes, i realize i DO need a personal assistant...

Comment

Just a little under a month away, July 24th & 25th. http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...ead.php?t=4903

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                Just a little under a month away, July 24th & 25th. http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...ead.php?t=4903
                ... bummer... that weekend's out for me...

peace,
                em

Comment

I agree with Celeste & Dion the Eugene Celebration & Willamette Open both ROCK.

Also if you are looking for some tournaments in October don't forget about the hab rec at Milo 2nd & 3rd BSF layout & unsacioned. Then around Halloween there should be another Hope Open. The Hope Open was on Halloween last year, and it was a charity event that benifited the American Cancer Society. There should be more details on this years Hope Open soon.

Cindy
                  Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                  2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                  Stumptown #176
                  PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose
                    ... bummer... that weekend's out for me...

peace,
                    em
                    thppppppppppt.

FYI, there's another tourney in the works that should be worth getting into (or at least trying to) that's a little closer to you, but unfortunately it'll be the same weekend as Eugene Celebration.

Comment

sweet! this exactly what i was hoping for...

...any suggestions for august... after the chick flick? ... sort of looks like there's not much happening... anyone know anything about the tiara teardown at ft. steilacoom?

thanks everybody!

peace,
                      em

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                        thank you dion and celeste... which would you choose if you had to choose one... willamette open or eugene celebration?

... or should i just buck up and play three tournies in a row and stop being such an old lady?

peace,
                        em
                        They're both great well run events. Depends on what you're looking for. Willamette is run on multiple courses. The courses you play depends on your division. All great courses, but they can be far away. Camping has been at Adair in the past. I believe Eugene will be just at Dexter this year (haven't heard different yet) and camping is usually at Dexter.

Comment

I would love to play every tournaments in Oregon but since I am on limited income which makes it harder for me to choose so I try to choose wisely as I can to match my schedule and expenses. I always want to play Eugene Celebration so badly because Dexter is such fun course to play on but not this year as it falls on same date with ODDGA Fall Open. I had so much fun playing Willamette Open last year so I am hoping to play it again this year. So good luck, Emma as I know you are upcoming player to watch out for!!
                          PDGA 38506
                          ODDGA 27
                          DDGA 176
                          2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X