X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
    And where might someone find discs such as the ones you speak of?

Bob

Same question for me. The lightest Buzz I've found is a 135gm. I didn't know they even had a 90gm. Sounds like it might be helpful. I've heard about 130gm Leopards too, but have no idea where to find them. Does anyone have any pointers? Another question is that for us noodle arms, is there any such thing as too light of a disc (other than from the perspective of wind, which I fully understand that you would absolutely NOT want to use any of these if there's even a hint of wind).

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
      I got my daughter throwing max weight, preparing her for the future, hahaha
      ... i would be very interested to find out how many women actually throw max weight (including your val jenkins' and des readings' of the world)... and especially for beginners, young women and small women would never suggest that they do so... it is simply an exercise in frustration and failure, i would think.

peace,
      em
      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by frizbeerose View Post
        ... i would be very interested to find out how many women actually throw max weight (including your val jenkins' and des readings' of the world)... and especially for beginners, young women and small women would never suggest that they do so... it is simply an exercise in frustration and failure, i would think.

peace,
        em
        I totally agree with you on this Em especially for young girls just starting out.

Cindy
        Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
        2013 Chick Flick co-TD
        Stumptown #176
        PDGA #37716

Comment

Jay, for fairway & midrange discs, I think you should look at Leopards and Spiders, both of which you can find in lighter weights. I do agree with the light weight talk here, although I personally through all low 160s weights, and I do think that she'll be more consistent in weather variables if she's throwing something in the low 160s rather than the 136-150s range. Just a thought.

For putters I would get her a regular weight disc. No need for a light one.

sarah

Comment

Originally posted by essjay View Post
            Jay, for fairway & midrange discs, I think you should look at Leopards and Spiders, both of which you can find in lighter weights. I do agree with the light weight talk here, although I personally through all low 160s weights, and I do think that she'll be more consistent in weather variables if she's throwing something in the low 160s rather than the 136-150s range. Just a thought.

For putters I would get her a regular weight disc. No need for a light one.

sarah
            this is a brilliant reply... well thought out and very clear... i myself have just recently discovered the importance of low 160's for wind and such... also, after 12 years of serious discing am finally getting a little too strong for the 150's... ha!

peace,
            em

Comment

Wow thanks for all the great advice. I've been playing for quite awhile but i've never played as an 11 year girl. Maybe like an 11 year old girl but not as one so this was out of my expertise. Well to tell you the truth I am no expert so I have very little expertise.

Ok done rambling thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Phatjay View Post
                Wow thanks for all the great advice. I've been playing for quite awhile but i've never played as an 11 year girl. Maybe like an 11 year old girl but not as one so this was out of my expertise. Well to tell you the truth I am no expert so I have very little expertise.

Ok done rambling thanks again.
                you wish you could play like a girl!!!

peace,
                em

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                  And where might someone find discs such as the ones you speak of?

Bob
                  Thanks Bob I try to keep plenty of light weight plastic in stock at Rainy Day Games so come check us out when you get the chance. As always, ask a staff member for help if you don't see what you want at first glance.

- Steve

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
                    Id look into a 90 gram buzz lite. I've got one for my 5 year old, and its really easy to throw and a lot of fun!
                    After further review, the disc is actually a 124g Buzz Lite. I was told it was a 90g, but after weighing it myself I found the real weight.
                    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

there were three old mold xd's at next adventure, 1 156g and 2 160g, when i was there last week.
                      ________
                      Drugtest
                      Last edited by Jonesy; March 17th, 2011, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phatjay View Post
                        My daughter is 11 years old and 80 pounds soaking wet. She came down to Whistlers with my wife on Saturday. When we were on our way home Sunday she told me that it sounded like fun to play in tournaments and compete. She has played a little and i've got a couple discs that are pretty light like a 135 panther from the EDGE program but I wanted to get her some putters, mids and some more drivers for her to try out.

So ladies in all your wisdom and experience what would you suggest for me to buy for her?

Wow i'm so excited and looking forward to spending time with her out on the course.

Thank you so much for your suggestions.

Jason

Stingray....best 1st Disc, by a long shot.

Comment

Gotta Go Gotta Throw has the 125 Buzzz Lights for a whopping 6 bucks, plus shipping.

http://gottagogottathrow.com/discgol...ds-p-1768.html

There is also a couple of 120 class Rocs on eBay at this time. eBay can be an excellent source for ultra light plastic.

I also recommend the lighter putters. While a argument can be made that lighter is not necessary because of the short distances involved, lighter putters fly easier with less effort.

Comment

Yesterday I received a very bright orange 100g Polecat in the mail that I ordered from Discgolfcenter.com for my three-year-old daughter Ellie. She was very excited when we wrote her name on it. This is her first actual golf disc that is hers and only hers (although we are going to work on sharing with little sister from time to time). She throws it upside down and gets an average of 10 to 15 feet on her throw.
                            Last edited by Uhlman; July 9th, 2010, 09:28 AM.
                            Throw What You Know.
                            "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                            PDGA# 45989

Comment

My 4 year old is totally ripping the R-pro boss 135 g... got it around 140 feet once. Light discs will become more and more popular as our kids grow up and fill up junior divisions...

Comment

Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
                                Yesterday I received a very bright orange 100g Polecat in the mail that I ordered from Discgolfcenter.com for my three-year-old daughter Ellie. She was very excited when we wrote her name on it. This is her first actual golf disc that is hers and only hers (although we are going to work on sharing with little sister from time to time). She throws it upside down and gets an average of 10 to 15 feet on her throw.
                                ... delightful image!!! and seriously... super good on ya' for letting her throw how feels natural to her... that's the biggest favor one can do for a child on the golf course is to just shut your face and let them throw... especially at super young ages... they will figure it out eventually what works best for them, but if they are constantly being talked at and bossed... they ain't gonna love it...

peace,
                                em

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X