Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tiara Teardown (Sep 4th & 5th, 2010)

When I announced the Tiara Teardown earlier this year, I definitely jumped the gun. I have moved the date one last time to September 4 & 5 (Labor Day Weekend).

I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this has created for anyone and next year I promise to have my efforts much more organized when it comes to scheduling.

We are also going to run a Juniors Only event at Steily that same weekend. More info coming soon on the jr’s event.

Mods, could you please remove the Tiara Teardown’s old threads in both the “Washington Events” and the “Women’s Disc Golf”.

Thank you,
    Mike Rideout
    Last edited by Rideout; July 15th, 2010, 05:22 AM.
    WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Online registration is now open.

http://store.northwestsignup.com/ind...products_id=13

Comment

darn it darn it darn it!!! i was so gonna try to make this... but labor day is booked for me... bummer...

peace,
      em
      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

I have moved this thread from Washington Tournaments to Women's Disc Golf to be sure none of you ladies who tore it up at the Chick Flick this weekend miss out on the chance to take it on the road up to Washington. Plus, I think more women will see this thread here than there.

Those Washington women are going to get upset when you Oregon ladies go up there and take their trophys back to Oregon. I know the guys do.

Heh.
        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
          I have moved this thread from Washington Tournaments to Women's Disc Golf to be sure none of you ladies who tore it up at the Chick Flick this weekend miss out on the chance to take it on the road up to Washington. Plus, I think more women will see this thread here than there.

Those Washington women are going to get upset when you Oregon ladies go up there and take their trophys back to Oregon. I know the guys do.

Heh.

dammit, jeff hagerty... now i really want to go!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
            Them's some strong words, Bullseye. If either Tuffi or Jessie sign up for this, some OR women are gonna have their work cut out for them. I know at least a couple of our southern sisters can attest to that.
            Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I think moving the thread was a good idea.

Things are coming together nicely.

Raymond Seick is kicking in $100 and the Pierce County Disc Golf Players Association (PCDGPA) is kicking in $300.

Doug Stuart will be there on Saturday to provide food for all the ladies and juniors playing that day (For Free!!!!!)

No matter how many players sign up, we are still guaranteeing $500 to first place open and a new (full size) portable basket to first place advanced.

I am placing the first hoodie order on Monday, so if you want to choose the color of your hoodie, you have to sign up by Sunday.

Mike Rideout

Comment

daaaaannnggg... this seems like a pretty sweet deal... do i blow off my other obligations (which i usually do anyway) for disc golf? i don't know what to do!!!

peace,
                em

Comment

what's the story on camping for this shindig? where would a gal lay her weary head to rest?

peace,
                  em

Comment

Labor Day weekend is booked for me - (

Comment

there is still only 3 ladies signed up for this event! i think it is crazy that there arent more ladies playing. i mean $500 smackers is a huge amount of money for open women division, i would have thought that would bring more ladies out to play.
                      Team HOSER:dancing:
                      Team OLY:cheerleader:
                      Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                        there is still only 3 ladies signed up for this event! i think it is crazy that there arent more ladies playing. i mean $500 smackers is a huge amount of money for open women division, i would have thought that would bring more ladies out to play.
                        I would love to play but it's bad timing for a teacher...(that's me!). Hope more ladies sign up! Sounds like a lot of fun.

Comment

I was really hoping to play in this, but I am way overbooked for September. I am surprised more Washington ladies are not signed up yet.

We had a tee sign at the Chick Flick, and annonced your event at the Chick Flick. I will send out the info to all the ladies who played in the Chick Flick as well.

I know Celeste, myself, and all the ladies were spreading the word about the Chick Flick for about 10 months prior to this years event. We had bussiness cards in our bags that we would had out to any ladies we saw playing, we posted flyers all over the place, we set up a booth at other tournaments that we attended to hand out info. We posted on this webpage as well at the disc golf scene, and facebook. For those efforts we had 76 ladies attend this years event.

Cindy
                          Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                          Stumptown #176
                          PDGA #37716

Comment

If the date hasn't changed to Labor Day weekend, I would have gone on Sept 18th and 19th. Sorry about that but it does sounds like a fun event up in north. Good luck!
                            PDGA 38506
                            ODDGA 27
                            DDGA 176
                            2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                              ...it will be a travesty if more ladies don't show for this... the timing just is really not working out for me (teacher, too, i feel ya' carie, plus i'm planning to get a few practice rounds in down in eugene that weekend for the celebration, i'm not gonna lie, but i don't have to take friday off for that)...

... i wouldn't have been able to make it on the other weekend either (ordgc) but i think labor day is always going to be a hard one for people... often having annual family deals going on ...

... i truly hope that this does not deter anyone from doing awesome things like this for women in this sport in the future... and i promise that next season i will be more planful in my budgeting of both time and finances to make a strong showing at these events for women... we women must put out an effort as well to get ourselves the recognition we deserve... like showing up to claim a $500 dollar prize... am i right, girls?

peace threw disc golf,
                              emmarose

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X