Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's FRIIIIDDDAAAAYYYYY! It's finally here! Woot! See you all this afternoon. I'm so excited!!

Comment

• Our previous plans for the weekend fell through (won't know for sure until later tonight). My wife and I were thinking about attending but wouldn't be out until Sat. a.m. Can we sign up/register on-site or is it just online registration?
      Thanks
      T.

Comment

• We are expecting day of registrations. Come on out!

Comment

• Job well done out there ladies and volunteers, very good vibe going out there this weekend and most of all my wife really enjoyed it good times and thx next adventure for the grub and brews, very fun and enjoyable, although all that caddying and no playing for a weekend is crazy and should be limited to 1 or 2 times a year, also great turn out. I also would like to say thx to the clinic instructors my lady can not wait to learn some forehanded throws and putting.
          The Frisbee is the mirror to the soul.

-M. Burns

Comment

• Kim Smo is OK

Hey we appreciate all of you who were concerned for Kim this afternoon. Sorry if I got a little snappy at those that were stopping by to see how she was doing, I was pretty concerned as well.
            She has 5 cool stitches above her left eye to cement the tough chick award for the weekend.
            She is feeling a little cursed since that is the second Hornings event in a row she got hit by a wayward disc on her last hole of the tourney. But she wants to play again so good on her. other than being wiped out and in need of rest, she is going to be good as new. She wanted to let everyone know how much fun she had and appreciated all of the awesome sponsors.
            Training to be a bagger

Comment

• What a cool event! I just wanted to give a shout out to all of the ladies who helped to organize this event, and to all of the sponsors who supported them. It was really cool seeing everyone having a great time out there. I had the opportunity to walk around with the Open Women for 2 rounds and man were they playing well. Those ladies got game.
              "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

• wanted to 2nd jeff's words above--very cool event!! congrats to cindy, carrie and the rest of the gals for such a great turn-out!! i loved it!

and kudos to carrie for holding the rest of the gals off. great win!! and, oh yea, way to go emma for giving her a run for her money

Comment

• Results? Looks like it was a great turnout. Well done, ladies.
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                    Results? Looks like it was a great turnout. Well done, ladies.

Working on the results right now. Hopefully they will be up later today.

Cindy
                    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                    Stumptown #176
                    PDGA #37716

Comment

• ... couldn't have asked for a better chick flick... my first time at this event, my first time playing pro in a BIG field of women... it was lovely and so much fun... i gotta say, that last round on the lead card... i've never seen so much ass slappin' go down... thank goodness my caddy finally reminded me it was a tournament and i wanted to win or else i don't know that i could have held onto second place...

... and that reminds me... thank you to all of the caddies, that was a super cool experience and just added this sort of special vip feeling to the whole thing (which of course is just my style)...

... and props to cindy mcmahan for doing a stellar job co-tding and to manage to play such solid golf and bag the win at the same time...

... celeste, you said you just liked having me around, well, i like being around... thank you for all of your hardwork and i really hope to do my part in helping to put this thing on next year...

... carie... good work, girl! new and exciting curse words, a heart of gold and a solid, consistently kick ass golfer... i like having YOU around!

peace (and love) threw disc golf,
                      emmarose
                      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

• That was indeed a good time and a well run event. I talked to a bunch of women that were only out for their first or second times...to get that many newbies out there is no small feat! And like Jeff said, lots of solid golf going on in the leader group, and some really interesting vocabulary too! I picked up a few new ones, ranging from schoolroom-safe to making a sailor blush. Great job to everyone involved with this, good vibes all around.
                        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

• Gotta second the previous posts. This was my wife's first tourney and our first Chick Flick. What can I say, we had a stellar time and will be planning this tourney for our future summer events. Met some of the coolest and fun people as well as inspiring my wife to wanna play more and improve her game. It was awesome to not have to play and just be there to empower and cheer the ladies on. To all the organizers, you guys really know how to put on a great event. High fives to all of you. I wanna give a special shout out and thank you to the Gorman's for turning us on to this exceptional DG community. Thanks to all for the good time.
                          W & T

Comment

• Finally, I am back to the earth after the awesome weekend at Chick Flick!! The event was well done run by Cindy and Celeste with their awesome crew!! You guys rock! I enjoyed playing with new faces, and having blast time! The best moment was getting my Canyon Course personal best score, 59 during the 2nd round, and the previous was 67.
                            PDGA 38506
                            ODDGA 27
                            DDGA 176
                            2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                              Results? Looks like it was a great turnout. Well done, ladies.
                              Here they are:

http://www.pdga.com/tournament-resul...1#Open%20Women

I will be posting a more detailed recap later tonight, or tomorrow.

Cindy
                              Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                              2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                              Stumptown #176
                              PDGA #37716

Comment

• Had a wonderful time except for my second throw on the last hole, when I clocked Kim below her eyebrow with a griplock from about, what fifteen feet away? She was so gracious about it. It had to hurt like all get-out.

Stitches? Stitches? Oh, oh, dear.

I'm so sorry.
                                -Sue

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X